Volunteers-How do I finish?

@MDBuds @Mrb53004 Thanx for all the input!
These ‘Volunteers’ have a core of crappy dirt as they were rescued.
There were also 3 males and when I pulled them they still had the core intact…part of the issue?
I used ‘Plant Therapy’ the last couple of years for PWM and I noticed on the label it also treats mites, gnats, thrips & fungus. Since I have a bottle I can try that at 7:30AM when I bring them out of the garage (after . Luckily there are no tents or fans involved at this time. They spend the 12 hour day on the SE side of the house (constant breeze) and I move them in the garage at 7:30PM. They started this program less than a week ago…no real ventilation in the garage, maybe I should add a fan?
I mean when we beat the critters, M

1 Like

Hi Mike, I took a few days of for my 70th B-Day Celebration.
I would like to get a bottle of your home brew, let me know the particulars.
Last we spoke I was treating with Plant Therapy (as I had some on hand).
Did back to back sessions (evening and the next morning) and it cleared a bunch.
I found 1 leaf on one plant that had some inhabitants this morning:

I started trimming #3 and It looked clean.
will trim the rest when it gets a little cooler (85 at 10:30) for further examination and I will post a few pix. Regards, Monk

1 Like

Hi Mike email me, I’d like to have your solution on hand, if I need it. Thanks [email protected]

1 Like

Can anyone identify what’s going on I recently noticed there is an issue and I’m hoping to get it fixed before it’s to late

look at the underside of the leaves…check for thrips / insects. Is ot the lines on the leaves you are concerned of? OR something else
Yellowing - the yellowing is the NEW growth, not the old so it is not N related. It can be from overwatering which reduces O2 in the soil, under-watering can cause it too

I try and water my plants wet to dry. My main concern was the lines on the leaves I have other plants and they have the same thing on the leaves, do you need a loupe or special magnifier to see bugs like thrips

Invite @MDBuds --Lets seek his advice on this

@Sloppyterps I agree with @Mrb53004 it definitely looks like thrips to me. Thrips are hard to catch or see because they move quickly and seem to just hop around and they are very small. Some even fly. They’re tiny narrow black/brown or even white/yellow insects that lay their eggs on the undersides of leaves and then the larvae eat away the inside of the leaf leaving white/silver lines much like what you have until they become adults and leave the leaf and jump around laying more eggs and sucking the sap out of everything.

A good wash and spraying with some good insecticidal soap will get rid of them after a few weeks of weekly treatments.

Thanks for the previous info. I’ve been adding insect killing soap weekly and it’s been working great for dealing with the creepy crawlies, I’ve noticed the leaves are starting to change to this color and was just wondering if anyone knows why? It’s not happening to all my plants just two of the four. They are all different strains!
image|474x500

@Sloppyterps high intensity light exposure is bringing out some anthocyanins in the leaves. Plant is putting on sunscreen. Lol

1 Like

I took @Mrb53004 up on the $30 solution.
As you know I have the 3 volunteers with some issues
I did a side by side treatment with Mike’s NOMO and Plant Therapy a product I’ve used the last 2 years.
Plant #2 had the most critters so I used PT since it calls for a more aggressive application, 5 days straight to cover all the culprits.
I used the NOMO on plants #1 & #3 as it was applied once every 3 days (3 applications).
I noticed by the 2nd application of NOMO (4th day for PT) it had cleared up 1 & 3 while PT was finishing. I did an extra day for PT and it also cleared the problem as well.
HOWEVER
I felt my plants 1 & 3 looked healthier/fuller after the treatment whereas it took #2 an extra week to adjust. So before I share the examples I would appreciate all opinions as the where I am in plant progression, I am thinking mid bloom but I value the better trained eyes out there. Thanx, Monk

1 Like

Just stunning! I agree with 1 & 3 having more bulk on them.

1 Like

my solution contains potassium and pure vitamin c…a boost to plant health / growth

2 Likes

I think I was way off on my “Vols”…way ahead of schedule.
I checked through the magnifier and I see a few amber trichomes.

Mostly clear/cloudy and per my feeding schedule I will need 3 weeks to finish.
According to the 30% amber guideline, how long does it take for the progression from Clear to amber?

1 Like

Depending on the strain and other factors like light intensity, trichomes can go from clear to amber in a matter of a few days to a few weeks.

Always determine the state of your trichomes by examining them directly on the buds, not the surrounding sugar leafs, as the trichs on the leafs will turn sooner.

Just keep inspecting them daily. When you get the ratio of amber you want, they’re ready.

3 Likes

Thanx K! :sunglasses:
@Mrb53004 has been helped me with Light when this thread started (now in 13 hours darkness) I think I will go to 14 dark today and increase over the next week. How does less light effect the T’s?

I’ve also been using Mike’s ice cube trick for the last few weeks and I make them with molasses powder (2T per Gal) and place on soil in between BioThrive and Tea weekly sessions.
As far as the strain I have no clue, it could be one of 30 strains I have run through the greenhouse OR from one of my 4 that went to seed last year. But that brings up another Item in this thread…
Look what I found yesterday:

Now the almost ready Vols came from the front of the greenhouse in Feb yet this one is from Bed6 here in the foreground:

Quite a ‘toss’ from the GH…I’m half tempted to leave it in that bed!

1 Like

I may have been the one you remembered about moving plants to the garage in a heat spell. I did this with tall (21") 12 gallon pots! Trying to keep them from toppling over is best to have someone else to steady them. But I think it helped me when temps got over 100 here. They still came out “burnt” with uniformly “tea” colored tricomes.

1 Like

burnt is better than fried…you could try large saucer pans and hot glue them to the bottom of the pots, it will give you a little stabalization

I did not intend to withdraw my answer! (some kind of glitch) I just pointed out that one of the four wheel roller bases with run-off tray is under the plant in the middle. The others had been removed during the move to the garage.

1 Like

I have lots of lavender and mint growing near my weed garden. I regularly make little lavender and mint bouquets that I leave at the base of my plants. Supposedly chipmunks and mice don’t like mint.

Lavender and mint makes a great ice cream combo, too, steeped in boiling milk which then goes into the ice cream maker. With cannabis extract of course…

3 Likes