Using Homegrown Plant Powerups

Very new to growing and I’m taking it by the numbers. I ordered the Standard pack of Powerup nutrients. They arrived without instructions for use. I read the table for use however I don’t understand how it works. Should the nutrients be dissolved in water? if so at what ratios?
I don"t mean to sound stupid but I want to begin the right way and in my mind it’s better to ask at the beginning.

4 Likes

Hi @Bigdog63121 !

Nice to meet you! I haven’t purchased this myself, but I went to the page where it was offered and found a bunch of information, including a feeding chart. Take a look at the link below:

Looking forward to your grow! :v: Have a good one!

1 Like

I found the feeding chart but know if the ratios ar grams per liter.

2 Likes

Looks like liters and grams are listed. I will say I can see where confusion could occur. Where I come from, gr = grains and g = grams.

You know what “they” (“They” are always so busy) say about assumptions, but I’m going to go with grams to liters. Seems like it makes sense to me. How about you?

1 Like

Thanks for the advise, what I was missing was the first column of the chart :blush: the one with the names listed. Found it though and off to work I go.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Have a great day. Be safe out there! :v:

1 Like

it is grams…and Liters
so, roughly 4 grams equals a teaspoon
8 l of water = is a little over 2 gallons
so 1/2 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water
seedling is until you reach 3rd or 4th node…then it is Veg mode (exceptions for autoflower…reduce everything by 1/2)
at the end of veg time, FLIP (12 on /12 off on the lights) to induce flowering
within a week or 2 you will be in flower mode
7-10 weeks of flower

autoflowers - a different animal. Reduce all solutions by 50% strength
flowers can pop up as early as 3 weeks to about 5…then another 7-10 weeks of flower

7 Likes

Sorry I took so long to get back, I’m a bit confused about everything. But I keep plugging along.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I will know when to do what but when I’m done with the plants in the room I’ll do it again with autos.

1 Like

Hi Mike, I am a very newbie to growing my own and I would like to ask a few questions about auto flower plants if you could answer I will be so appreciative!!! First question is about the feeding or watering as of right now I do it daily in the morning and have a 12 on and 12 off schedule on the lighting which is a 1000w multi color led. the soil stays moist but not wet and my plants are about 14" tall and they are developing hair like growths in the crotches of each branch and at the very tops. these plants were planted on 10/30/21. my plants also only have three leaves, supposed to be 5? being an auto flower and feeding the homegrown nutrients, when do I switch between the “cycles” of life for the plant? how do I know if they have reached each stage? once a gain very new to this and help is very welcomed thank you!!!

1 Like

to start, pics would be nice (plain light). Sounds like you are already in flower, couple/few weeks
Auto flower - increase lights to at least 18 or even 20 hours on. Autoflowers can handle 24 hrs of light. More light = more growth. They grow based on hormones and do not really need a dark period but we usually let them rest 4 hours.
You have not stated what your substrate is. Start by informing what the grow medium is, it helps define nutrient needs, if any and wartering needs so lets get this data up first before a recommendation is made. Commonly is wet to dry - water until there is a small runoff (not the case if you are a small plant in a large container), let it dry till the container is light / plant droops. Water and it should perk up (praying - the leaves reach up)
3 leaves is usual of plants in vegetative state so if you are in flower with 3 leaves, it is either a genetic anomaly or stress. Stress is my guess as you are using HG nutes and hopefully you got your seeds here too. What strain are they?
Cycles - autoflowers go almost right into flower in 4 to 5 weeks, as long as there is at least 5 hrs of light. Then 4-7 more weeks till harvest (on average - can be more, less)
Environment - need to know this too. Is it a tent, room, garage, attic, etc. DO you have ventilation set up, what are temps, humidity? How close is the light to the top/s of the plant/s?
lets start here and take step 2 after some data input

1 Like

Thank you for the reply Mike! please bear wtih me as I am a newbie to this completely. I am a mechanic by trade not a botanist by any means. I will try to answer your question the best that I can. I presume the growth medium is what type of soil or container it is grown in. They are in 2 gallon fabric pots in potting soil I bought from walmart. These plants were on a table in the tent until recently I moved them because I thought they were getting too close to the light (leaves were starting to discolor). The tent is in spare room indoors and remains on average in a temperature and humidity zone of low of 69, high of 78, the humidity stays between 40 to 50 % they are in a 4x4x8 tent. they are “blueberry autoflower” from homegrown and I am using the fertilizer packets that I found on the same site as well they are the green pkg growtime. I have a 650 cfm fan and a charcoal filter in the tent. right now the light is at 24 inches above the plants and the fan is at 50% speed. I hope this helps to answer the questions you asked and again thank you so much for the help! verry appreciated!!!

i am no computer expert unless in car i have tried to send pictures but is says too big of file to send, ans i also tried to replay to your email to me and it got sent back to me that one had the pictures attached to it. i don’t understand or know how to copy pictures to a cloud and then provide a link to them for you.

send to
[email protected]
pics taken with phones usually have to be reduced as there is a 4mb limit for size of pics
I use a pc, transfer my pics from phone to pc, reduce using MS Paint. DO not sweat it.

correct on all counts. Substrate is medium you grow in (soil (organic/synthetic), clay, rockwool, peat, coco, etc). System can be hydro or watering.

tent - good size for 4/5 plants. 2 gal cloth, good for auto’s, blueberry - good strain, temps and rh good, light at 24inch good but closer (as close as 12) as plants mature and begin flowering.We start at 24-18, 50% power and increase power, reduce distance as plants grow. When they flower, the light should be 80-100% strength and 12-18 inches
always air movement, gentle
lower leaves should yellow out (1st, maybe 2nd node). All new growth should be green
we do not feed until 3rd or 4th node, just water
after that…this is where it can get stupid. Now we move into numerous opinions. Almost all work so it is a matter of choice. Even a walmart soil, if organic, can have built in nutes. Most plants get by with simple nutrition. Many thing if they feed all this nutrient garbage that the plant will grow tremendous…not so. Too many factors involved here.
Keep it simple to start. Feed once,water 3 times. In a 2 gal at these temps, watering should be close to every 3rd day. Feed, 3 days later water, 3 days later water, 3 days later water, feed, 3 days later water.
Humidity is a little high for plants this old. Air exchange will bring it down some. Should be around 50% now. Lights should be 18 inches or closer, on 18 to 20 hours (this will raise temps and change Rh). 12 hours of light is for photoperiod plants, not autos