Using collided silver

I’ve got a question for y’all. Hope someone can shed some light on it for me.
Can you use the other part of a female plant if I just put it on a single branch.

3 Likes

YES IN DEEDEE…When I want an S1 from a plant, I use my CS or GA and only douse the bud (usually lower to prevent pollen from falling down to lower branches and pollinating the entire plant). I pick a LOW bud, treat it, wait for seeds, remove it and I have the rest of the plant to harvest, even reveg. I re-vegged my GDP in that manner. I treated the LOWER BUDS, got my seeds, clipped the upper portion for harvest, left some greenery, and am in the 2/3 week of reveg. You can’t use the part the CS or GA was used on but the rest of the plant is good to go

Welcome to the Forum!

4 Likes

Thanks for responding to me. I’m new to growing. Grew one plant last year. I killed serval before I had one to grow. It waz Blue berry auto. I’ve got Fruity Pebbles regular seeds that I’ve already got them 8 days old. They are about 5" tall.

3 Likes

When you find a strain you want seeds from, you wait until about 2 weeks in to FLOWER, choose a lower bud and treat 2/3 times a day / up to 2 weeks and inspect DAILY. I use a brush to not get the silver on any other part of the plant. Watch carefully as a male sac can appear and if you are not careful or have your fans going too much, you spread that pollen everywhere and it all goes to seed…ruin an entire harvest. I usually separate the plant I want to seed from the environment so there is no chance of that

3 Likes

Thanks for the info . I need all and welcome the feedback

2 Likes

No I have not seen it. I’m new on this forum. I just wanted to get some femelized seeds from my regular seeds so I don’t have to purchase any or grow up to see how many makes I will have. Thanks for responding to my question

2 Likes

I think @MDBuds may have posted this somewhere. If not, he surely will have his preferred method as he is currently breeding. I forgot to say, make sure your CS is >30%
Or go with the gibberellic acid

4 Likes

It’s 30. Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Is that 30% or Parts per million?

1 Like

30 parts per million…Before you go and purchase CS at +30, check in with @MDBuds . I think he has / is making his own silver (STS solution ----better than just CS) that her sells

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 I make a concentrated colloidal silver starting with making concentrated ionic silver. I then stabilize and reduce to turn the dark blue/black concentrated ionic silver into a milky brown super concentrated colloidal silver. My last batch is currently hovering around 400 ppm on a tds meter (multiply by 2.5 and you have approximate silver concentration as far as most recent conversion literature states which puts it at 1000 ppm if it holds true). I tested it again after it stabilized for a few days. Still need to finish the video and show the ph fluctuation after stabilizing and reducing, how to dilute to the proper ppm for breeding, and how to use a laser pointer to see the Tyndall Effect.

1 Like

1 Like

tyndall-eng-300x124

1 Like

The more concentrated and stable the colloid the stronger (brighter and more visible) the Tyndall will be.

1 Like

@MrMar10 I have a CS video I am about to post that shares one of the most common and one of my preferred methods for making colloidal silver.

I’ll be starting another one soon as well going over another method that works better imo but it’s harder to get it right.

1 Like

I have tried making and using CS twice and it failed both times. So when I found STS information I gave it a try. It worked! But it is tricky getting the timing right so the seed growers have enough time to mature the seeds after being pollinated. I still want to get it down with CS too.

1 Like

I’d suggest not consuming any cannabis plant that has been treated with collidial silver… Yet it is necessary to use for some at times… But you’d have to check for toxicity levels on the plant that has been treated since there is metals present which could be way higher than normal., and if you turn blue… you can always join the blue man group!..happy growing😎

2 Likes

Even if I just treat one branch

1 Like

I personally wouldnt!

1 Like

Snip the branch with a couple of sets of leaves, set it in water for a week until it roots, make a clone. Then you do CS that one bud without risking any of the rest.

3 Likes