Update on Gelato and Tanzanian Kush

Here they are so far. Had a bit of a prob with lockout feb3-feb11. I gave Orca and so far so good.

4 Likes

Impressive…tell us more about your lockout…what you noticed, how you dealt with it…So others can learn and assimilate…We are the BORG

1 Like

When i first transplanted to current pot they were fine

then on the 29th i noticed wrinkling and did nothing come Feb 1st I assumed i had a Sulfer prob. On Feb 3rd i was able to go to the soil store for Sulfer but instead got SCHOOLED! It wasnt a Sulfer prob. I had managed to kill all my good bacteria and microbes because I added tap water to water only soil. The chlorine in my tap killed everything good making the soil hot. This happened slowly because i’m a nazi with the water. Death occured over time which was confusing because there was growth still. My soil guys are awesome! He recommended Orca. It has mycorrhizae and bacteria food. They went from this: and this to this

7 Likes

Thanks SO MUCH. Many growers forget that most tap water is chlorinated and has to be de chlorinated prior to use. A lot of us put an air stone in a reservoir and run for 24 hrs pre-watering. This removes chlorine and aerates (oxygenates) the water, especially beneficial when adding nutrients. Then we always test ph prior to use

4 Likes

Can you get most of the chlorine out just by letting sit out in a open container for a few days? Or do have to use something like an air stone to get the chlorine out? I’m been trying to learn how I can use tap water correctly. I’ve always filtered water myself but this outdoor season im trying to avoid spending so much time running water through a filter. I live in northern California. I looked up our cities water and it high in nitrates because of local farmers but also has some chlorine. I’ve been told letting it sit out for 48 hrs should get the chlorine out?

1 Like

yes that works. Adding an airstone makes is dissipate even quicker and aerates the water so it is pristine for feeding / watering. The O2 boost is great for soil / roots

2 Likes

Thank you!!! That’s super helpful :ok_hand: I only use foxfarm soil so I’ve been afraid to ruin it with tap water. I will definitely be using an airstone from now on.

1 Like

Thank you much for this info, I need that to prove that you cannot use tap water straight from the tap. I will purchase the stone.

1 Like

Chlorine…added to all municipalities (here in US) will HURT your plants

1 Like

Also found out that many states use chloramine
which is a cousin to chlorine,more difficult to remove but just as important to remove.

2 Likes

Thats ammonia and bleach right? Or maybe im thinking of something else. Either is bad. Collecting rain water is a great idea. Its never sounded so good

Ammonia + Bleach = Chloramine Gas or more commonly know as Mustard Gas. Very nasty stuff.
Rain water is good but has no minerals, adding cal mag will fix that though.

1 Like

Unless you live where the rain is acid rain (SMOG)…then your PH is enough to hurt the plants

1 Like

No, thank god i dont😀

1 Like