Impressive…tell us more about your lockout…what you noticed, how you dealt with it…So others can learn and assimilate…We are the BORG
When i first transplanted to current pot they were fine
Thanks SO MUCH. Many growers forget that most tap water is chlorinated and has to be de chlorinated prior to use. A lot of us put an air stone in a reservoir and run for 24 hrs pre-watering. This removes chlorine and aerates (oxygenates) the water, especially beneficial when adding nutrients. Then we always test ph prior to use
Can you get most of the chlorine out just by letting sit out in a open container for a few days? Or do have to use something like an air stone to get the chlorine out? I’m been trying to learn how I can use tap water correctly. I’ve always filtered water myself but this outdoor season im trying to avoid spending so much time running water through a filter. I live in northern California. I looked up our cities water and it high in nitrates because of local farmers but also has some chlorine. I’ve been told letting it sit out for 48 hrs should get the chlorine out?
yes that works. Adding an airstone makes is dissipate even quicker and aerates the water so it is pristine for feeding / watering. The O2 boost is great for soil / roots
Thank you!!! That’s super helpful I only use foxfarm soil so I’ve been afraid to ruin it with tap water. I will definitely be using an airstone from now on.
Thank you much for this info, I need that to prove that you cannot use tap water straight from the tap. I will purchase the stone.
Chlorine…added to all municipalities (here in US) will HURT your plants
Also found out that many states use chloramine
which is a cousin to chlorine,more difficult to remove but just as important to remove.
Thats ammonia and bleach right? Or maybe im thinking of something else. Either is bad. Collecting rain water is a great idea. Its never sounded so good
Ammonia + Bleach = Chloramine Gas or more commonly know as Mustard Gas. Very nasty stuff.
Rain water is good but has no minerals, adding cal mag will fix that though.
Unless you live where the rain is acid rain (SMOG)…then your PH is enough to hurt the plants
No, thank god i dont😀