Understanding Terpenes- Help

Hello! I am struggling a bit finding the correct strain. I think I might be having an issue with the terpene Limonene. Or maybe it’s the strains I am choosing.
I took the strain test and it suggested Carmen 2.0 and Deisel Auto. They do not relax me at all. I spin out and get a very high heart rate, paranoia, nausea. Not what I am looking for. All the people I have shared it with report very relaxing effects. So it must be me and a reaction to the terpene or what?
I am looking for muscle relaxing and pain relief without couch lock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a similar problem, except I don’t know what strain I’m vaping because it’s off the Legacy Market. That said, I have found that Sativas w/ low CBD % do the same thing to me in general. The Carmen 2.0 seems like it should be OK but all Diesel strains…with a couple of exceptions…fall into the first catagory.

For me, Indica dominant with as close to 1:1 THC/CBD ratio as posible seem to do the trick.

Just something to think about.

Edit: I just came across Payote Zkittlez strain which seems like it might be a good fit.

From Leafly
“Zkittlez’s scent is delightful and entices with ripe tropical fruits and candy, which follow through in the taste. THC production is over 20%. The effect is very uplifting, especially for an Indica strain. Therapeutically, it is used to combat stress, depression, anxiety, and those with ADHD”

2 Likes

T r y smoking cannabis that’s more indica sativas are like what u are saying or u can do q hybrid but I’d go indica dom

2 Likes

I’m growing paeyotezkittles paeyotegorilla and bubbacheesecake paeyotezkittles Is a indica hybrid like the gorilla and cheesecake funny

2 Likes

Try to let your plants ripen more, wait until you get more amber in your trichomes, you will get a more relaxing affect. The more clear they are, you will get a racing sort of high, like you described.

1 Like

Thank you for this suggestion! This was my first grow and I didn’t realize that I could harvest the top of the plant and let the bottom continue to grow and mature. I think you really hit the nail on the head with this insight! I probably ended up with more under developed trichomes than I should have. :v:t2:

1 Like

I grow seed from a seed bank… Pink Kush is very body without being really heavy
That said… Seedsman gives lots of info, so choosing strains can be difficult and fun

I just discovered that the Cactus Cooler strain, with its dominant terp Terpinolene is very likely the cause for me. It also has high level of Mycrene and Ocimene. Thos two also tend to be “uppers”

I say this becuase I got two CBD vape carts yesterday and when I hit the Cactus Cooler one…my heart was off to the races. I’ve read that pure CBD doesn’t do that, only the terps. The Pineapple Express didn’t do that…it has different dominant terps.

1 Like