Turtles instead of fish

has anyone ever tried using turtles in an aquaponics set up or using their scoot(feces) for fertilizer? Have wanted to try it but haven’t made it that far but we have 2 red eared sliders that are about 7 years old and bigger than my fists. Curious about if the scoot would hold good nutritional value for the plants .

1 Like

a close friend of mine has a pond that is dry near half of every year. it’s full of turtles. when spring is over he drains that pond and plants in the bottom. he has had some very good crops with huge fat buds

1 Like

Nice!!! I gotta clean turtle tank in next couple days so may scoop some and try it see how it goes

1 Like

i have no clue what made his bud so fat and good but to see that pond bottom standing in 12 foot plants was a cool site.

1 Like

I’d believe it , would imagine nitrogen would be pretty high not sure about the rest, gotta look into it cuz if It works as a nute I can’t argue

1 Like

the wife just came in and said it’s going to be 108 degrees outside here tommorow and that her plants are ready to pull. her timing makes this stuff look to easy

2 Likes

Damn im good on those Temps haha, was like that here in June, brutal Temps. Whats strain is she running?

1 Like

two Hindu plants (one male one female) and one HGCC Gorilla Glue #4 Fem… she grows few and all outside like they are wild. both Females are beautiful with rich dark seeds, she wants the seeds. they all grew in direct sunlight since March. we wrapped them up so the seeds couldn’t fall all over the ground so they are in Die Stage. at least make a little Kief to roll my Moon Rocks in