Trimming, feeding and a different version of LST

Theres really no reason to trim the main cola, it’s all about getting the side branches that same height. Once there you may have an inch or 2 difference, but not enough to worry about. And no it’s not straight perlite. That’s just the top inch or so.

Yes I turn the plants and use the less light side but also, leaf tucking. It can encourage stretch and help with the evenness of the canopy.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like I shouldn’t have a hard time with that, but I don’t like saying never these days.

1 Like

They look like Octopi. I love it.

1 Like

So @Rye i am trying to wrap my mind around this technique I see beautiful results I would love to produce. Did you already have the plants evened out prior to going to bloom? If so how many tops and fims are needed and how long dose it take to get the plant ready to go to flower?

1 Like

@Jared I use this technique for autoflower which I dont fim or top. For photos I do the same but I top the main and sides at different times to even them, and you have to account for the stretch during flower so it doesn’t work as well for those long flower peroid strains. But honestly with 3-4oz per plant yield I dont grow a lot of photoperoids. Even with indica dominated strains I can push 3oz+ per plant. And I have seen 6oz off a single plant.

2 Likes

Well this old dog just learned some new tricks. I knew I did the right thing joining this community. Thanks to eveyrone

3 Likes

I totaly lost track of the fact that those were autoflowers. Props to you @

1 Like

Do you just put the lights up higher to increase the stretch potential?

@kmac03 no I don’t do that. That will make the apical stretch more too. I keep the light at around 500ppfd at the canopy and just let the dark side stretch as normal and then when I go into flower I keep it at between 700 and 900 ppfd. Just turn the plant every other day giving the dark side time to stretch.

@kmac03 it helps if you keep the plant around the edge of the light if that makes sense. If you have the plant directly under the light everything grows together and you don’t really get that stretching on the dark side reaching for the light.

1 Like

Nice catch. I was just about to tell you I checked out with the numbers. Haha! Thank you!

1 Like

@kmac03 sorry about the numbers. Lol

I don’t recall which light you are using but if you tell me I can give you an estimated height and position to place the plant. Lol

I have the MARS HYDRO SP3000 in tent 1 and MARS HYDRO TS 3000 in tent 2.

1 Like

Dang @kmac03 those are great lights and they blow out 4x4 and 2x4 tents easy. It would be pretty hard to get some low light stretching going with those unless you dim them.

1 Like

So, when you say blow out, do you mean they are too much?

@kmac03 not that they’re too much they just put out a lot of light. More than plants need in small tents unless you add in C02. That’s why I suggest dimming. Conserve power and you won’t light stress and stunt your plants. They’re both capable of over 1000 ppfd and the most cannabis can usually use without extra co2 is between 800 and 900 ppfd. Sorry for throwing numbers at you again, but all I am trying to say is that you can dim to 50% for veg and 75% for flower and do great.

2 Likes

If I put my reishi mushroom blocks in will that help?

1 Like

@kmac03 yeah they’ll add extra environmental C02 so your plants can make more use of all that light.

2 Likes

my Michigan mushrooms co2 bag is turning white. and man I need a better light. Mars ts600w I dont think is enough for 2×4

2 Likes