Topping? When? LST? When?

First time grower here waiting on my 4 blue dream fems to germinate :call_me_hand:wondering when the best time to top the plants would be? And when others start LST? Appreciate any and all advice and insight!

@mcpuffdaddy24
I keep mine short and top multiple times. I’d say for a rule of thumb 12" for first top. Do your lst as soon as big enough to tie to your pot

1 Like

Thank you! Dually noted :call_me_hand::+1:

@mcpuffdaddy24 check out mainlining. You top at 3rd or 5th node and remove lower nodes, maybe not immediately as still useful and may make clones, but soon after. Two tops will then emerge. Lst them apart. When they have grown a bit top each one again. You will now have 4 mains. Let grow a bit and top all 4. Now you’ve 8. Again for 16. I wouldn’t do more but it’s possible. I say a clip where they had 128 tops. That’s excessive. Thing is it’s like a manifold and each limb is equal and nutrients are distributed equally too. You’ll have to check it out and you’ll see what I mean. I’m doing it now and have in the past. Give a good Lollypop and you will end up hopefully with 8 or 16 equal size fat buds.

Good luck. You’ll learn a lot on these forums but also study… If you have the bug you will. Google, you tube anything. I’ve been at it 3 years and nearly every Google search I do is about weed. I’ll think of something and just ask Google. These forums will help you search for the right thing. Everyday is a learning day. Try learn something new daily. You don’t get big muscles going training once a fortnight.
Mainlining is easy. You do all the main work in the first month of veg. Then it’s set up. Try a scrog net but tying them is fine.
Obviously veg time is lengthy but if not in a rush it’s interesting to say the least. To say the most you will have 8 uniform colas and no larfe

2 Likes

1 Like

Not mine. I’ll post pic of mine after a reply. Can’t post 3 consecutive posts

1 Like

I have a micro grow going first one - of crack widow and then some other ones 12/12 from sprout.
However - my genetics seemed a bit mutated (polyploid/trifoliate) one self topped but both has insane bushiness inside and defoliating and pruning was more often than one would like. I was able to tie one of mine down after about 6-7 weeks (vertical growth was non existent) but as a first grow I would only suggest that whatever you decide to do, to wait a little bit longer.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes