Top or Not? Please opine

This is one of my young plants, 3 weeks. She’s an aggressive grower – upward. She has plenty of light, good water, proper RH and temp, etc.

Should I top her to get her to bush out some? How far down on the main cola should I cut? Please chime in @MDBuds @DollarBill @Daddy1971

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows If it is an auto, I wouldn’t. Maybe bend the top over or tie it down and you should get a nice spread. Good luck and enjoy.

Would not top she most likely will not have enough recovery time. LST training will work better on her to keep her down and get more even lighting.

1 Like

Thanks and @Lynyrdsky She’s an auto and in full flower. I have her tied down but she’s messing with me. :crazy_face:

1 Like

No @GrnyGrows let it bud out since it’s in flower

1 Like

Cool bean - I’m on it. She was tied already, but I went a little radical on her LST.

4 Likes

@GrnyGrows I started this plant when you started your auto this is photos

put net in yesterday

2 Likes

The one I posted above is my part of my second grow. My first grow of three are doing great, even though I set them back 2 weeks by not getting them in soil quickly enough. Let root stick out of pods too long. I have these all tied back to get some bushing but I’m in full blow flower. This pic is from about four days ago. Remember, I’m a super newbie – doing lots of learning. Let me get two grows down and we can compete. :rofl:

4 Likes

@GrnyGrows Nicely done tney look awesome my friend happy growing

2 Likes

Watch Bill Ward’s LST video on Youtube.

3 Likes

be careful here if she is ( may be a he ) cranking out that type of growth with lots of space between nodes that could be an early sign for you to pay attention to. Just a thought

2 Likes

It’s not perfect, but I’m happy. I haven’t killed them yet. :upside_down_face:

To pay attention to what? Light, pH, RH, temp are all good. I don’t overwater her. There isn’t as much space between nodes as it looks like.

1 Like

@GrnyGrows you are doing a awesome job and give your self a pat on the back my friend happy growing

3 Likes

@GrnyGrows topping an auto this late will just stunt it. You’re doing fine just how you have it now. Good looking grow.

5 Likes

@GrnyGrows i would stick to one grow for now you can get very confused with the different ways to grow

2 Likes

I’ve got two running. The first three and then their cousins. I have everything well labeled, numbered, dated – the whole shebang. I’m loving it. I’m going to see these through and try to avoid growing July, Aug and early Sept. Too dang hot.

4 Likes

1 Like

16 days between pic above and this one … sweet sixteen
IMG_0505

7 Likes