Too much light could be an issue?

Can a 720 watt dimmable LED be way too much for an 4x4 grow tent? Thanks

1 Like

if you have a smart phone install Photone and check your PAR and DLi. then check the light perimeters. even if you don’t have them you can google them. such as

750w should be fine. that BP is 600w though it’s called a 1000w. Notice there’s a loss of intensity over time and Happy New Year.

2 Likes

@DollarBill thanks for mentioning that Photone app I wasn’t aware of it. I downloaded it but the free version only does light bulbs so you pay 5.99 for each specific light choice or you can purchase all light choices. I payed for LED full spectrum and it works and matches what the Marshydro light website says it will produce…I am thinking this is going to help me know when the light is getting dimmer and will need to be replaced and also for optimum PAR on the canopy.

2 Likes

@retiredoldguy Photone costs me nothing, i actually called them and emailed their support team and they emailed back that it’s free.

1 Like

@retiredoldguy i just sent them another email at [email protected] …last time they were real fast at emailing me back so we can see but i’ve never been charged any money at all :*email,. is the Photone App on Google Play free? (sent)

2 Likes

@DollarBill I looked on goggle play I couldn’t find it

1 Like

@Hippy1978 Google: is Photone free :crossed_fingers: Place your device on top of your plant and towards your light source. Photone is using the front camera to measure the light that falls on your plant while …
(1,746) · Free · Utilities/Tools

2 Likes

@Hippy1978 mine says i’m on free Beta as i was one of the originals when the app started

2 Likes

@DollarBill I found it man thanks

1 Like

@Hippy1978 don’t use the whole phone screen. while hand held Zero in with the camera lens. Example: my phone camera lens is in the left corner of my phone and not in the middle of the phone screen :wave:

2 Likes

I just downloaded it quick test seems to work ok

1 Like

@MoOG it’s good enough for me. i’m a cheap old fart i don’t spend a lot growing weed. i’d rather gather and grow father large varieties of seeds. that’s expensive enough. at my age nothing really matters :v::laughing: i just get as close as i can

1 Like

@retiredoldguy Phontone Hi,

Thank you for reaching out!

Yes, our Beta version on Google Play is free to download and to use.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if not or something else comes up.

Best regards,
Dominik
Show quoted

1 Like

@DollarBill I guess because I used the apple store I got the non beta version…I am ok with the price and happy with it so far

2 Likes

@retiredoldguy i bet so. now we know. Google crowding the market again for $03.2 cents :laughing: them basturds

1 Like