To snap or not to snap (drying question)

So i understand that one way to know when to switch from dry to cure is when branches snap. So the question is which ones should i be able to snap. Small, medium or large branches,.

Thanks, Dono

3 Likes

@GixxGrows you should check all branches. If the smaller ones snap but the larger ones only bend you can start cure with the smaller ones and leave the larger stemmed ones in a few days longer until they pass the snap test. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Like what was said above. Treat every branch dif. and every crop. Always evaluate and adjust.

2 Likes

When people hang the entire plant to dry, that can be the issue. I cut each branch and treat it separately as if it were its own plant. Different thickness in the stems make the buds cure at a different rate. It takes a little more time but I get a much more even dry.

5 Likes

thanks all its getting close hoping a day or two because in 3 days from now I’m going under the knife for rotator cuff surgery. Meaning little to no movement in that arm for at least a week. Have to do surgery now cause with covid time is of the essence as space in operating rooms is at a high commodity.

3 Likes

@GixxGrows Donald, Praying that your surgery horse well. Hope you hot dome bud to help with pain

2 Likes

@GixxGrows I feel your pain. I have had both cuffs done. Have to have the left one done again. Also tore the muscles, ligaments and tendons on that left arm. Had to wear one of those arm machines that you cranked the dial every day for 6 months till my arm straightened out. One are paperhanging is hard. Blessing be upon you. May your surgery go well and may the Doctor have heavenly guidance during the procedure

3 Likes

checked today still not real snappy think i will be doing it with a sling. Luckily most of the foliage fell off before cutting down so not much actual trimming to do.

Who wants to come over and trim for me? wake me up when your done. LOL

1 Like

Reviving an old thread from the FAQ.

If I hang my harvest for a week and the stems still bend without breaking, what am I missing or what harm am I doing if I start to cure at that point in glass jars with a 62% humidity pack vs waiting for the actual dry twig-snap?

I’m trying to figure out what happens between regular drying and curing and ‘mostly dry ‘ and curing? Is it just a higher chance of mold in the curing jars or am I going to impact potency, shelf life, etc?

Thanks!

@CaptainZero higher chance of mold and potentially reduced shelf life if it goes anaerobic with too much bacteria.

You can still jar it up if it’s mostly dry. You’ll just have to watch it closer and burp and turn more until rh stabilizes in jar.

2 Likes