To burp or not?

Ok so I’ve recently harvested my critical purple autos and my Bruce banner autos. After a nice 10-11ish days of hanging yesterday I trimmed them up and put into jars. Each jar with its own mini hygrometer. The jars have not gone over my personal max prefered humidity of 60% all jars sense yesterday have remained between 56% and 60%. As this has never happened for me im stuck wondering if burping is necessary. Im accustomed to burping frequently during the first week. I know that the release of the gasses is necessary to an extent as the chlorophyll is released but in this situation I’m unsure of what I should do.
1 time a day just because?
Every other day maybe?
Or just toss in my bovedas n leave’em alone?

Let’s hear some opinions fam.
@MDBuds @Darkheart420 @Kronic any advice

1 Like

@wnyrenegade burping every other day or once a week to prevent anaerobic bacterial development is all that is necessary if rh is stable and there is no risk of mold. After the first month I personally don’t burp at all because rh is stable and most of the chlorophyll is already broken down. At that point it’s all about preservation.

2 Likes

@wnyrenegade if the rh gets too low though I will throw in a boveda or some fruit peels to bring it back to help keep it curing slow and to preserve the terpenes. Anything under 58% humidity you start to lose the microfilm of water that protects and preserves the terpenes and trichomes.

2 Likes

:beers: thanks MD thats along the lines of what I was thinking but never hurts to ask

1 Like

I concur… :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I use Bovedas to preserve my flowers.
I always use more than I need to to help keep the rh stable. I use the 64 gr. the most or I’ll double up on smaller ones.

I do notice a difference with the flower once it’s ground up. The scent really comes ‘alive’.

3 Likes