Tip of the leaves swooping downwards

Hello dears,

I’m at week 5 (just started) and my plant has become nice and plump and bright green.

The current parameters are these:

• temperature 25c degrees
  • humidity 45%
  • 18/6 lights
  • ph 6.2
  • biobizz calmg: 0.5ml/l, biobizz grow: 3ml/l, biobizz bloom: 2ml/l, biobizz topmax: 1ml/l, biobizz algamic: 0.5ml/l, teaspoon raw sugar per liter

Everything seems to be fine, I just notice that there are some leaf tips that fall downwards, almost at 90 degrees. I can’t understand what it could be, can you help me? Thanks a lots

3 Likes

One other pic

2 Likes

If they are really dark green looking and pointing down then it’s called “the claw” from too much nitrogen. Especially in flower…no need or less need for nitro in flower. So I would watch my nitro…happy growing!!

5 Likes

Right! that’s what I suspected, in fact I reduced the algamic was 2ml/l to 0.5ml/l which I’m going to remove completely. of the fertilizers I’m using, biogrow and bloom also contain nitrogen, should I reduce those too? if so, what quantity?

1 Like

no need for algamic and top max at this stage either.
maybe a little algamic once a week wont hurt though.
and you could move the lights away like 5-10 cm and see how they react.
good luck

1 Like

Based on your information provided firstly I recommend on your VPD levels as there currently around 1.63ksp which is very high for this stage of flower i would suggest between 1.0-1.2ksp as anything over 1.4/5 the plants stomas will close and the plants will have a hard time transpiring and can stop transpiration altogether which can lead to nutrient uptake issues as well as slowed growth & overall stress.

Assuming this is an auto flower if your around the week 5 stage and have the flowers now forming? Your goal is to provide nitrogen at adequate levels and guaging by the dark green foliage and clawing your dealing with some some nitrogen toxicity which is caused by too high of levels of nitrogen. Your goal now that your in flower would be to lower your nitrates & increase P&K levels (bloom nutrients) to encourage the plants to focus more on producing flowers instead of foliage having the nitrogen too high will cause slowed flower onset & formation and force the plants too focus on producing leaves and it’s overall biomass, you don’t want to stop nitrogen completely as it will take a toll on your yield if stopped to soon but you will need to taper it down by reducing your nitrogen based nutrients.

I would suggest that you keep the Grow in your nutrient schedule as it contains your main nitrogen base and some micro nutrients which are important for overall plant health but I would reduce the Grow by 1ml and you could also remove the Algemic which will further reduce some nitrogen levels, but it does contain some beneficial additives such as amino acids and it’s not too high in the NPK values so you’ll likely be fine keeping that in at the .5ml, the most important thing would be reducing the Grow at the moment.

Keep your calmag, bloom & top max levels as they currently are and with your next watering I would push some additional runoff to help remove some of the built up nitrogen within the soil, not too heavy as the runofff will also remove other nutrients around 20-25% should be fine until you start seeing some improvements typically in soil can take upwards of 7 days, the leaves should lighten up to a healthier shade of green & you’ll see no more clawing of the fan leaves or new growth, hope this helps🙏🏼

2 Likes

yup, flowers are forming :grinning: Now I know how to proceed, I’ll keep you updated. Thanks

2 Likes