This is what happens

Despite having all the best available equipment to home grow and doing everything correct according to the general community standards this is unfortunately the reality of autoflower home growing. You can post all the 1 pound autoflower harvests you want…but thats not how it happens. The reality is that on a good home grow for the average person you will get about 2 ounces of product from 6 well tended auto plants.

Why ?

SEEDS !!! I’m not here to call a particular seed company out - but these pics show 3 plants from two different seed sellers all planted same day, same soil, same maintenance. Can you guess the shitty seed seller ?

Seed companies will sell you shit seeds. That is a fact. The premium quality seeds " Oh I got 6 pounds out of this plant " are clearly reserved for high visibility social influence grower sites who rave about the product so you will buy it. Yeah you may get a few good seeds here or there but who knows?.

Yes I’m pissed off - at myself. Almost two grand on equipment and supplies along with endless work for a few ounces of weed? Think Im gonna revisit this growing thing unless I can find at least a few reputable seed companies. Right now they all suck.

3 Likes

Try Fem seeds before you give up: bonus clones besides you decide how big the plant gets! Takes longer but size won’t be a factor. I don’t have much auto experience grew 4 at once 2 got big 2 didn’t! Back to fem i went problem solved :yin_yang:

1 Like

Hi Firefly, sad to hear that, im really interested from wich companies you got those seeds as well as the cultivar.

I know, equipment is expensive, but now you have it and probably wont need to buy anything for a while.
Is this your first run with autos?

They are a little bit finicky, but with time comes experience and youll get better and better and will get better results.

Sometimes i fckp in the seedling stage and with autos im learning thats a doom. They go nano and give the smallets buds🤣 still cute to see and to LEARN from, I always run them till the end just to learn more about, nutes, wich ph that cultivar likes and so on, sometimes just train them to see how they react.
Dont give up, its take time to learn to grow.

Would recommend Fastbuds, Royal Queen seeds, Mephisto and Seedstockers.

Actually only 4th autoflower grow… Using MarsHydro 4x4 tent with 2 ViparSpectra P-2000’s, 6 inch Vivosun exhaust fan with speed control, 4 ac infinity bag bases and grow bags. Soil is FFPF w/Happy Frog and Perlite mix. Dry tent is 3x4 Vivosun with 4 inch Vivosun exhaust fan. I have all the water and soil ph instruments along with a par meter for my light adjustments. Basic FF bottle nutrients @ 1/2 strength are applied once at veg, once at pre flower and once during flowering. Some turn out good some turn out bad… Dwarf plants are courtesy of Pacific Seed and Advanced Genetics. The good plants (one in dry tent - another ready in a few weeks, then two more in pic ready soon after ) are from Growers Choice Seeds.

2 Likes

@Firefly sounds like a nice setup!

Never tried (or heard) of those breaders. But heard growers choice are good genetics, i would keep with them or to the really big names because of wjat i learned, autos need a bunch of breeding and stabilizing.

How are your p2000 working?

My first grow was sour diesel auto and gelato photos. Grew them together and got about 1 to 1.5 oz per plant. I was happy with the results. I no longer grow in a tent and use a closet. This weeks Grape Ape harvest will be the best ever for me as I am guessing 6oz+ on 2 plants. I find it easier now to grow just 2 plants at a time. All my seeds come from here. I have had some bad grows due to my own actions or environmental issues I could not battle like excessive heat.

Each grow now only costs are the seed and soil and some Tiger Bloom. I do not do TDS measurements and turn the grow into some chemistry experiment as some do. I give them what they need which is mainly water and all I do to that is add a 1/8tsp citric acid to bring ph in line. Use the Kiss method do not over complicate the grows until you get a few in first then try other things.

I used to read all this stuff then I came to realize it is not all that hard they are just a weed and will grow as long as basic requirements are met. Good soil, water and I give aome Tiger Bloom after 8 weeks. Biggest thing is lights which you should be good. Don’t give up and autos can surprise you in the end and finish strong no matter how bad they seem.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

kind of liking the P 2000 for now… wouldnt expect huge yields but still gives decent harvest for beginners.

Hello
I tried every means I could come up with to make Auto’s work, eventually I just acknowledged that I was tired of growing beautiful, sparkling flowers that weren’t worth the time to roll up, since they lacked any punch whatsoever.
I melted them all into an underwhelming resin extract and never looked back.

Hey Firefly. I just had my 3rd round of grows with autos and just finished posting my results to my Homegrown diaries. I ended up with just over 8 oz of dried/trimmed bud from 3 plants. Jack Herer Auto produced the most at 84.4g (3.01 oz.), and from 2 Blue Jack City, I got 145.6g (5.2 oz.)of dried/trimmed bud. All of the seeds came from Homegrown Cannabis Co. Now, were the yields what I had hoped for, no, but some of that is my fault. The plants have differing flower periods, even for autos, and I pushed the BJC an extra couple of weeks, which hurt their terpenes, but they still have a very distinct blueberry/diesel draw, and will definitely get you where you want to be late afternoon, early evening. The Jack Herer Auto was a little leggy for a 4X2X6 tent, so I wasn’t able to give it the horizontal room to spread that it needs to produce longer, thicker buds. But what we did harvest is some of the best weed we have smoked, EVER! Don’t be discouraged. My first 3 grows were disappointing yields, but mostly because I screwed up at least once during each grow cycle (and the seeds did not all come from HGCC. Growing plants is a dynamic thing. Not every plant grows the same, even from the same cultivar. My next grow will be only 1 plant, another Jack Herer Auto in the 4X2 so I will have room to SCROG it. Then I will return to my photoperiod Indicas. Keep the faith!

1 Like

I found that autos are small too.

1 Like

Im satisfied with 2-4 oz per auto. Ten grams per plant is just bad genetics if everything else is good in terms of environment.

2 Likes