They look kinda funny and not happy

@MDBuds sorry one more quick question what’s the best way that you have figured out to get the most accurate ppm reading using fabric pots because I’m sure that run off gets kinda diluted with the water that escapes from the fabric pots or am I over thinking that

@JimiG1974 Salts trapped in the fabric are miniscule and don’t really affect pH or ppm levels. Most water soluble things will pass right through and what is left behind is either too large to pass through or salt build up left behind on the fabric because it was left in a wet saucer with nutrient salts. Normal waterings and feedings will continue to wash it away and salt buildup on the sides or bottom of the pot in the fabric is harmless since fabric pots air prune anyway.

1 Like

@MDBuds , what I meant was with the fabric pot allow the water to escape sooner then what it would with a plastic pot and make the ppm read less then what it would have been had the water been able to pass completely thru all the medium , my puts are on elevators and are never sitting in run offs I think the elevators are pretty tall and keep the pots well above the water line I can get at least 2 gallons before the water level reaches the top of the saucers I have they are pretty deep

Some of the saucers I have are 16’ some are 14’ and I think the smallest are 12’ I had originally planned on using bigger pots then after my first harvest I noticed that the plants in 3 gallon pots produced just as much as the ones that were 7 gallon pots so I decided to run 3 gallon instead but I’m surprised my harvest turned as good as it did because I’m sure the medium from them had to be the same because I was watering and feeding the same see I was under the impression that I didn’t want any run off and I kept reading about so many people over watering so I thought I’d make sure that I didn’t that but with the new pots I’m using it would be pretty hard to over water they dry so good and fast that first grow in plastic pots, so far I like the fabric better I use now water and nutes but I fear over watering a lot less then before

1 Like

@JimiG1974 when you use coco as medium you want to water and feed to runoff. Approximately 25% of the amount watered/fed just to be safe.

As far as the flush if you saturate the pot first and then begin the flush fabric flushes better than plastic in my experience because you don’t have those pockets of salts and standing water in the bottom of the pot. Plastic always took me longer to flush than fabric because of that.

@MDBuds thank you again , what ppm range should I be going for with the flush

@JimiG1974 for a full flush aim for the same ppm coming out in run off as going in. So if your ppm going in is 100 don’t stop until your ppm coming out is between 100-200.

@MDBuds

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out I appreciate it,well I’ve got most of the girls run off ppm down to 500 and lower after I flush all my RO that I had pre bottled which I can store 56 gallons I used all of it yesterday flushing 12 plants so I think starting today as long as this won’t harm them I think I’m going to just continuously flush one plant at a time until I get the ppm I want the ppm that comes out of my RO faucet was 8 yesterday I think that’s pretty good. What’s your opinion that flushing strategy will that affect them I would like to get the ppm correct and end my flush with that Boomerang they haven’t had anything except straight RO since I started flushing and I’ve been flushing every other day yesterday was the 4th time I flushed them but the first 2 flushes were not no where near enough water to call it a flush to be honest the 3rd time was after I read your advice so that time they each got 3 gallons of water and then yesterday they each got between 3 and 6 gallons of water depending on what the readings were after the 3rd gallon I was trying to get all of them to 500 or less which I did thank goodness for fabric pots I have a couple in plastic take much longer to flush, you know it’s crazy how much water it’s taking to get these numbers down I’m really going to be testing my run off much more often that was the first time I had ever tested my run off I’m glad I did though , are their any safe products out there that would have speeded up this process even though I don’t like again something when I’m trying to remove something , sorry for the book to read

@JimiG1974 it’s safe to stop flushing now at 500 ppm. You can feed light and just make sure to watch runoff closer now.

1 Like

@MDBuds
I’m going to run some more straight RO today get any of the holdouts down to at least 250 is the highest I’m going to be willing to accept,and then after flushing today I am going to mix up some of the Fox Farm Boomerang and end my flush with that , I also have Revive made by Advanced Nutrients I think for my girls circumstances that Boomerang is going to be the one . one thing I will say is I can see they are already looking better the new growth looks normal again and they are starting to fill back out and some have gotten a few big leaves again,that was what caught my attention that something was wrong my girls leaves stopped growing big they used to have fan leaves as big or bigger then my hand and then they were only getting to be like a quarter of that size but I’m going to switch up my feeding instead of nutrients every watering I’m going to start with nutes every other watering and I will be checking run off at least weekly until I get it down to a science and again @MDBuds I thank you for taking the time to read my long messages :laughing: and most importantly I thank you for all you good advice ,I will post some pics when I get them back to photo worthy I still take their pics I just put them in a separate folder I do that in case I have to use them in comparison to diagnose other issues down the road
Happy Growing and thank you again

1 Like

@MDBuds they are looking so much better thank you again for your help

1 Like

@JimiG1974 they look great man. Did you finish the flush and start daily watering/feeding until runoff?

Looks like everything cleared up and they aren’t stunted anymore.

Yes I started fertigation again last week I had gotten most of their ppm to 50 or less roughly I have been doing daily watering the girls in the 3 gallon AC infinity pots get a gallon each roughly and the ladies in the other brand 3 gallon pots which look much smaller then the AC’s only take 3 liters roughly I been sticking to the schedule even though it seems like a lot of water to me , just been wondering that in Coco can you not get root rot ?

@JimiG1974 you can get root rot if you don’t wash out the root zone but it’s rare. I’ve only ever gotten root rot once in coco. It seems you’re watering/feeding a bit high though (high as in the volume). Are you stopping at the 25% runoff mark or are you going further? It should only take about 10% of the pot size to water with 25% runoff of the input.

10% would be about 1 liter per pot in late veg.

@MDBuds I also stopped using a few nutrients my friend that been growing for quite a few years now keeps saying less is more so I cut all the extra nutrients out that does not come in the starter kit from advanced nutrients but I did add

Oh my how the girls like it I noticed a huge difference in them I was shocked how much better they looked over night so I think I’ll use the fish shit instead of recharge I’m not sure still trying to determine which one they like better

2 Likes