The Pollen Club

We are not a consortium, or a business, we are a group of individuals who love our herb. We try our best to grow the best stash we can. We share our insights, knowledge and best wishes for members of the group.
There are many times I wish I had a male to use the pollen to cross breed / seed one of the ladies. I do not know the legalities of mailing pollen but I do not think it is hard or illegal. After all, it is only pollen.
Maybe we could find answers to questions like: If i pollinate 1 female bud, does the entire plant go to seed? What are the best strains to cross breed, is it as simple as pollen from strain a to plant strain b, can we splice a branch of strain c to plant d, what happens to that branch, what characteristics does it take on.
I think it is a great forum for learning and continuing as a “HOMEGROWN COMMUNITY”

5 Likes

Great ideas for some “advanced studies” in plant theory!

I’ve successfully created my own hybrid using female GSC plants and a male Jamaican sativa plant (unknown strain name). I call the new strain “Jamookies”. Here’s a pick:

6 Likes

My 4 favorites of all time: Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Thai stick, Jamaican tops.
I can find all but the right Jamaican I remember from LONG ago. Sweet glorious buds with a hint of lavender as you toked

2 Likes

That’s funny because the Jamaican seeds I’ve been growing are just as you described. Huge, fluffy buds with a phenomenal sweet taste. I had about 3 dozen seeds and used them, but ended up keeping a male going to get more seeds. Actually have a 4th generation plant that produced seeds that are also 4th gen, so they adapted to my growing techniques.
This is the Jamaican:

3 Likes

@Mrb53004 mailing cannabis pollen in state in a legal state is not illegal. Mailing cannabis products over state lines even if it is to another legal state is. Not sure if that includes pollen though because I know you can ship seeds worldwide just can’t ship flower or other products.

Creating a hybrid is that simple but is isn’t. You do just take pollen from plant a and pollinate plant b but you need to make sure you source the right parents for a decent hybrid. I choose my male plants by their growth patterns and smell and any that develop trichomes I keep too. Whichever males I don’t want or don’t meet my sniff test or grow requirements I toss. Easiest way I know to source a male without getting a DNA panel done. Females are much easier to source. Choose the ones with the stinkiest, stickiest, fattest buds and knock them up. :joy:

When you pollinate one branch only that branch is pollinated if you do it correctly. The only branches that will seed are the ones that came in contact with pollen.

Splicing is possible and I have seen it done but I wasn’t around to see the results of that experiment. I might just try that my self.

Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

3 Likes

I truly appreciate your comments and insights. If Bill had some male AGold, I would pollinate my female. I would also like to try his Jamaican jut because it was one of my fav’s and for all the seeds I have acquired, they come up short to what I smoked in the 70’s. Jamaican tops was tops.
As far as pollination, I would mostly cross daytime hybrids with daytime hybrids. Indica and Indica hybrids are better than anything I can produce. The sativas are getting better but the CBD’s are the newbies. Wifey has a lot of auto immune, thyroid and genetic issues along with fibromyalg. I would mix up the CBD’s with daytime stuff to help her get through the day. Guess I am bored too

3 Likes

I’ll double check the laws regarding the transport of cannabis pollen over state lines. If I can do it without catching a felony I’ll send you some pollen from one of my high cbd hybrids.

My best friend was a spoonie. She had bad lupus and died about two years ago. The only thing that helped her and made her feel normal was cannabis. The prescription medication usually made her feel worse. I started breeding a strain for her before she passed that I call Purple Butterfly designed for lupus and auto immune disorders. I might just change the name to Lil V in her memory now. I’m close to getting the strain just right.

2 Likes