The Best Bacterial and Fungal Controls for Marijuana

Originally published at: https://homegrowncannabisco.com/grow-your-own-with-kyle-kushman/troubleshooting/best-bacterial-and-fungal-controls/

Your precious cannabis plants live under constant threat from disease, molds, pests and pathogens. If you’re a novice cannabis grower, you’ll need to learn to anticipate and prevent problems, rather than dealing with them as they arise. Be proactive, not reactive… as they say. That said, even the cleanest and most well-organized of cannabis gardens…

1 Like

What can you add to water to stop it from forming fungus, a
As it is in the water held to water plants inside my grow room.
I tried Hydrogen-peroxide but it was not seeming to work. The water was originally rain water with a bit of algae in it.

@13johnst13 aerate and keep it out of light.

Thank you for all that information. I now have sprayed the grow tent with a bleach solution and wiped it down completely. I now have 19 Lime Green Oaxaca Mexican baby plants growing in there.
They are regular seeds so half will most likely be males.

Fungal growth is dependent on several factors, they need nutrients oxygen and moisture, if deprived of any of these for too long they will die off. Rain water will contain a number of spores just from collection so the problem there becomes keeping it as clean as possible. Hydrogen peroxide in low concentrations may actually oxygenate the water and promote growth.

I lost a 1/5 of my buds to mold and bud rot on my last run. So, I looked around for something that I could use without chemicals in it. I found a company called Safrix that sells chlorine dioxide and that stuff kills everything on a micro level. There is a bit of a learning curvy about this product as you need to test the end products ppm. That is done with testing strips in a 1oz water to 1 cc clo2 to get a 20 ppm mix. This 20 ppm mix is then sprayed onto the plants focusing on the mold your trying to kill. I used it to save a bunch Of moldy bud from the trash. Now bud rot is from the inside so I don’t know what to do about those, I’ll try it on them too this run. Seams to work great on those grey and white surface mold areas and after a couple of minutes the cds solution turns to just water. The chlorine dioxide in the water evaporates and your left with sterilized water. Chlorine dioxide is the stuff that is used to sterilize water. I wash everything that goes into my room with it, I just make it a bit stronger say 30 ppm. I order Cds testing strips from eBay ovation labs. So, that’s my story on mold killing. Do your research on this product and you’ll find out if has thousands of uses. Now go grow mold free.

1 Like