Testing out new gear

4 Likes

What are you testing?

1 Like

New X1 chilLed from growcraft

3 Likes

OK, been 2 months now…what is your opinion? Can you compare this to alternative priced product? Is there an increase in return?

1 Like

This light has blown my expectations away. Puts spiderfarmer to shame in my opinion. Also the easy upgradable options on this light makes it an easy option to upgrade your grow area without having to purchase a whole new light. I have already upgraded to an x3 which having the x1 already allowed me to upgrade the light to an x4.

1 Like

Mr Anderson ( :wink:). If not too personal, what are the cost factors -

Well I guess you get what you pay for. For most grower they would think these are expensive but for their x6 grow light is a absolute bad ass runs about $1200 and covers a 5x5 flower space

1200$ is just above average for that much light, and that’s not to mention the quality etc. I am right at 800$ in my lighting, and its DIY from HLG. It would be over 1k if I bought the same stuff already assembled. The ability to add to or remove without changing out the fixtures is awesome and worth the extra money.

So what makes it SO MUCH more special (and that extra expense) than other Lm301b/h’s set up in a 6 or 8 bar config at 640w including ir and uv, From a PAR point of view, a much less expensive light can provide the same amount of protons. A samsung Lm301b/h chip is a samsung chip, drivers are basically either/or (meanwell / Inventronics) IP65 makes it waterproof, and full spectrum with 324 lights per leg x 8 legs 6500K;3200K;660nm;430nm:730nm. This spec is almost half of that yet I cannot see where the extra expense comes in? Is it a warranty (beyond 3 years), better c/s, free ship if there is an issue. I am only looking to try and compare apples to apples for its (your lights) intrinsic values

The x6 is a 1000 true watts, has a dimming feature that allows you to adjust 5-100%. Also the setup allows you to mount your driver outside your grow area to reduce heat. 3.26 μmole/J – 2.73 μmole/J total PPF 2450 µmoles. 5’x5′ Canopy Area – 18 inch Hanging Height Average PPFD – 1077 µmol/(m2s)

1 Like

Specs on the light

Input Power Draw: 1000W
Input Voltage Range: 90-305 VAC

120 VAC Current Draw: 8.4 Amps
208 VAC Current Draw: 4.8 Amps
240 VAC Current Draw: 4.2 Amps
277 VAC Current Draw: 3.6 Amps

Power Drivers: 2 x Mean Well HLG-480H-48B
AC Power Cord Length: 6.5 ft
DC Extension Cord Length: 7 ft
Dimming Range: 5-100%

Light Engine Efficacy: 3.26 μmole/J – 2.73 μmole/J
Power Driver Efficiency: 95% @ 230 VAC
Full System Efficacy: 3.08 μmole/J – 2.58 μmole/J

Operating Temperature Range: 41°F – 95°F | 5°C – 35°C
Operating Humidity Range: 10 – 90% Non-Condensing
Generated Heat Load: 3,412 BTU/Hour

Minimum Head Space Above Fixture: 10 in
Recommended Hanging Height: 18-30 in
Coverage Area: 5 x 5 ft
Start Slow – Growcraft lights have VERY high light output and unless your plants are already acclimated to high light intensity, it is best to start slow with the light hanging high and possibly also dimmed. Then monitor plant reaction over a few days and slowly adjust as needed.

Fixture Dimensions: 42.5 in x 42.5 in x 1.375 in
Fixture Weight: 33.85 Lbs

1 Like

I must say those are impressive specs. As far as ROI, I can reach 75+% of these specs at almost half the price in a 110v environment (I do not have 220v). It would be a great test to see the production numbers of this vs a light costing probably 40-45% less. Makes me wonder if the crop will bring 40-45% greater return for a beautiful light like this. In a 5x5 area, that is a pretty expensive proposition. Not like you can fit 4 more plants in there, just great photon penetration, a lesser electric cost that would be negated by the extra cost of the light.
I like to play devils advocate, it is how I learn and make decisions. Please do not be offended by my comments or think I am cheap, just frugal and realistic
And I am trying to compare 640w vs 1000w and that right there is a BIG mitigating factor.

2 Likes

The ability to run the power supplies outside the grow area is vastly under rated. It cuts your heat production inside the tent massively, therefore you use less energy cooling the environment. A factor that must be figured in when considering not only the cost of a grow but how much less work the equipment must perform, therefore extending the life of said equipment.

2 Likes

I do the same thing bro. I have bought multiple lights over my 16 years of growing. I must say I love CMH lighting and as far as that goes with yield, potency and trichomes production I would honestly say chilLed has came the closest out of any led I’ve tried to match the cmh production rate but has cut my electricity cost in half and also is wonderful with temp during summer heat.