Tangie chocolope foxtail

Been fighting the temps in my grow room and a few of my plants have started foxtailing, this one here looks the worst, my question is, does the way this thing has changed mean it will have seeds in it? This plant is about 6 weeks in flower and it is a photo plant.
@MDBuds

Foxtailing does not mean it will have seeds. It’s just a stress response.

1 Like

It’s not a problem unless you don’t like looks. Send it to me foxtailing is brought on by light leaks also don’t know if you have any smoke is still the same as regular bud, Bud

1 Like

@MDBuds i have just read in a few articles that heat stress could cause the plant to make seeds and some of the irregular growth looks like brand new plants so it made we wonder if that’s what was happening.

1 Like

:joy::joy: yeah I don’t care what it looks like, I really don’t smoke very often, I prefer to make edibles, and or infuse some other foods, I already have some slight breathing issue with asthma so it’s rare that I puff on anything. I just been reading on some of the things heat stress can do to the plants.

@jjress stress can cause herming but this late into flower on a 10 week cultivar isn’t much of a concern. Just watch for nanners. If you don’t develop any visible nanners or pollen sacs no worry.

Worst case you might have a bud or two with a couple of seeds from a nanner hidden deep inside.

1 Like

@MDBuds sounds good, thanks for the reply. I think they will be fine as well. I am working on different ways to cool it down. Not having a ton of luck yet but it’s getting better. I bought the smallest portable a/c unit I could find but the electrical circuit couldn’t handle all the lights and fans the dehumidifier, plus the a/c unit and it kept popping the circuit breaker. Do t really have the option to add more circuits right now. My tents are in an out building and there is only one outlet, semi considering looking into a few solar panels to perhaps run the lights or a few other things and then perhaps I can utilize the a/c unit.

1 Like

@jjress have you looked into the solar/wind combos? They have solor/wind generator combo kits that operate a generator and they have options for battery storage too. The diy kits these days are fairly inexpensive comparatively and don’t usually require being hooked into the grid. They can easily generate enough power to run a small grow room too. I’ve been pricing them out and considering them myself to run my grow room off grid.

1 Like

@MDBuds i haven’t really done much research yet, but I am definitely going to looking to it for sure. I occasionally watch the show off the grid and that’s what originally got me thinking about it.

1 Like