SwS5s4 Grow's 23

Day to work the clones.
BlackCandyland received 1 top pruning and tying.

Bubba Kush, I removed the big leaves.

1 Like

third week of bloom

The plants look relatively healthy and happy. It’s hard to deal with the 24C heat, while one looks good the other one is burning.
I lowered the Candyland by removing the grille. to level the dorcel.
quite a point of flowers, with bigger hairs, but I think a little late for the third week. they are drinking little, I put 1.5 liters in each vase on Sunday and so far they haven’t asked for more.

Black Candyland 15week

Bubba Kush 11weeks

1 Like

FOURTH WEEK OF FLOWERING

I did some cleaning on the larger leaves and smaller stems on both plants. the buds are still developing and some trichomes are starting to appear on the leaves.

the plants look happy, Candyland’s leaves stopped drying out after putting the pot down and she got some color back, some marks were left.
BlackCandyland

BubbaKush

CLONES
they are drinking a lot, every day 500ml in a 7L vase, after tying, pruning and cleaning they have developed little in the last week. I try to keep them under control, with a light hitting 250ppfd and only water in the living soil, humidity at 70% and temperature in the range of 24C

1 Like

fifth week of flowering
This week I start with an increase in UV light, 15 minutes a day. BlackCandyland still shows some sign of heat or light ecess, I’m working with 450ppfd and the daytime temperature is around 23C and at night around 18C. I also tidied up the stems to make them more free for the light and to be able to develop. 1ml/L of KoolBloom in this week’s watering, the first mineral increment I put in this cycle.

Black CAndyland

BubbaKush

CLONES
I also transplanted the two bubbakush clones. I want to follow how they behave in each type of vase and decide to transplant the BlackCandyland clones. 1 week deadline!the vases must be around 15~17L (4~4.5gal)

the roots are very healthy.

2 Likes

Looking good, steady as she go’s :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check:

2 Likes

END OF THE SIXTH WEEK OF FLOWERING

Both plants look fine, I’m drinking 2L every other day. This week I added 0.5ml/L of liquidKoolBloom to the watering can to help with the PK. I also came back with the coconut water.
Bubba Kush

well resinous, only this week the tips of the leaves started to dry, showing some deficiency, but it still looks good. a color variation towards red has also started to appear on the leaves, maybe it’s genetics.

Black Candyland

less resinous and still with heat marks, it is already starting to mature some pestils.

Clones

transplant completed on Friday. I drilled holes in the plastic pots to improve soil aeration and cut a piece of the pot so they would hold more or less 15L. today they are already recovered. I also did a light defoliation on the two BubbaKush clones that fully recovered and grew a lot this week

1 Like

CLONES
after 5 days transplanted, the Blackcandyland begin to develop.

2 Likes

ninth week of flower
I believe again that the two plants are the same genetics. I believe that some seeds can pick up more traits from one or the other mixed variety.
I say that now in the ninth week of flowering, where the buds begin to resemble each other in color and shape, but not in distribution on the plant. from the beginning the two behaved differently, one stretching more than the other and in the whole morphology, whether in the leaves or in the branches and how it branches.

as the flowers and coloring indicate, they are the same variety, Black Candyland.
so I will call BCLnd_01 and BCLnd_02 again
BCLnd_01

maybe it’s a weak seed, lacking some of the plant’s standard attributes, or I didn’t know how to determine its needs. it went through a problem of acidification of the soil, or burning by light, so far I haven’t been able to identify it. But the buds are small and not very resinous.

BCLnd_02

this one developed beautiful stems, with robust and resinous flowers, the color reached her first. It developed a more robust and compact structure in the vegetative period. There is not much stretching at the beginning of flowering.

2 Likes

tenth week harvest, picks and flip

with some amber trichomes, I decided to harvest last Saturday. And what seemed to be a great harvest for two plants became frustrating when I noticed a cochineal infestation in the flowers of both.

I got really frustrated and I don’t know how to do it. I washed everything in lemon and sodium bicarbonate solution, but it didn’t help much. now I’m thinking of drying, freezing and passing through a sieve to keep only the trichomes and get something out of the plants.

Clones

Seeing that the two matrices are of the same variety, I chose to discard the clones of the slimmer plant and continue with just two clones of the more robust plant, this way I can make better use of the space and reduce input costs.
I positioned them in the 1x1m tent, cleaned some stems that would have no future and applied neem oil to prevent possible pests.
on monday the light did not shine for them.

starting like this, in week 10 the flowering of these two that I intend to be more careful to avoid another infestation.

a long time without updating, half disappointed with the variety, half with a lot of work accumulated. Now reaching the end of the fourth week of clone flowering. I managed to correct the calcium deficiency, I think I guessed right. Even so, there was little bud growth and I’m not encouraged to continue with this genetics.

both clones now appear healthy. I have been checking for pests every day and so far only gnats, which I solved with yellow traps.

The matrices, after a lot of washing and cleaning, I did the water curing method to test, 60g fresh which is very little for anything. So I froze it and waited for the screens to arrive to test making a dry extraction. I also tested an improvised press with some leftover pollen using two metal plates pressed with a clamp and a torch. It seems to work, but I haven’t had the chance to try it yet.

1 Like

5weeks 12/12

3 Likes

Nicely done, looking good :peace_symbol:

1 Like

a little defoliation…

2 Likes

week 9

2 Likes

starting the tenth and final week.

A lot of things happening at home, a lot of work and other projects started made me put aside the diary for a little while this cycle. In the end, the two clones developed well, better than the mother and without pests, which in itself is already a victory. I think I will reach my goal of having material for my subsistence in 2024.

2 Likes

end of the cycle.
I harvested both clones after 10 weeks of complete flowering.

After 5 days, with the climate in my region being very hot and humid, I decided to separate the stems a little for better ventilation and to avoid fungi or mold.

After dividing the plants, they dried for another 10 days, totaling 15 days of drying with temperatures varying between 21~28 degrees Celsius and relative humidity between 55%~80%

After cleaning, plant number 01 yielded 79.2g and the second plant 83g
a total of 160g dry and clean flowers I found to be a good yield that will supply me for a few months. Now it’s time to put it to rest for a few months and watch the magic happen.

I made one to test and at first it burns well, the cigarette doesn’t go out, it has a strong weed smell. It tastes very acidic and very perfumed, something like lavender or another type of soap lol… the effect is immediate and left me very excited and willing. It still has a lot of chlorophyll taste too, which I think will be lost with these months of rest. I think it will be a good hay for working hours

1 Like