Super soil for next grow

I want to use a super soil, but don’t know if I need to use nute with said super soil. And what is a good super soil to use? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

It depends on if you use the layered super soil technique or the living soil technique.

I personally prefer using Nature’s Living Soil and I do a living soil technique but they also have instructions for a super soil technique based off of sub cool’s original technique.

Both methods are water seed to harvest only but if your pot isn’t big enough you might need to supplement with organic nutrients.

1 Like

So whats a good brand that I would be less likely to have to use any nutes?

1 Like

Nature’s Living Soil is the brand. You just mix it with organic potting soil as per the instructions. They suggest using fox farm or roots organic soils but I use kellog gardens organic myself and have great results.

The only time you would need extra nutrients is if your plant gets too big for your pot and uses up all the available nutrients. So you just have to make sure you get a pot big enough for your plant. I suggest using 1 gallon per 30 cm of plant height. So let’s say you have a plant that grows to 150 cm you would need a 5 gallon pot. It’s really an art but I haven’t had to supplement much if at all using that method.

2 Likes

Thanks brother that helps a lot

1 Like

@Dabbindeebo you’re welcome man. Glad to help. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I forgot to mention that one gallon per 30 cm is my rule for indoor plants getting less than 2000 ppfd (2000 ppfd is the measured value of natural sunlight). If you’re getting close to 2000 ppfd or above at the right spectrum I do 2 gallons per 12" of plant since more light means more roots and more soil needed to accommodate growth. I do 2 gallons per foot outdoor too and it can get you some monster plants. They usually grow way bigger than what their average size is that way.

1 Like

Great advice im old school grower and i have learned alot from all you guys thank you happy growing

2 Likes

I’m trying a new soul from him bolt this year

1 Like

I ordered the nauters living soil. Out for delivery today. But I won’t get to use it for a couple more weeks. About to havest my first crop next weekend.

1 Like

Sweet thanks for sharing guys

I’ve just started using nature’s living soil, I made soil with coconut coir, worm castings and perilite I made a tea with my leftover mix and unsulfered molasses. Got G13, and white widow CBD growing great so far! I use seedling bags and the roots started shooting out of them in the first week

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve done this, making my own soil FYI

3 Likes

That works great. Several members use it. And welcome to the forum. Get us some pics when you can

Ron, have you watched Dr Hugabee? He gives a scientific, tested soil makeup he used at UT University

It gets long in certain parts, fast forward through the unbearable parts
2 Likes