Suggestions on what to grow next

Well I’m looking for dome advice on what I want to grow on my next crop this year I’ve already done AK47, Critical Purple,Pineapple Express,Apple Sundae, GG4, strawberry cough and suggestions with nice yield nice compact buds or just a fun crop to grow … throw them at me I want to try a few

1 Like

Oh yea Larry Lovestein was another strain

1 Like

You should try jilly bean or Durban poison. Probably my 2 favorites for growth pattern and taste.

Durban is the fastest sativa I have ever put in the ground. For being a Land race she keeps up just fine with my hybrids. Best wake n bake ever is Durban poison.

Jilly bean is an old TGA strain put out by sub cool and mizz Jill. The growth is dense kush like buds on a medium tall hybrid frame plant. The leaves are thicker like indica and the buds smell like you opened a fresh bag of jelly bellies jelly beans. With a citrus orange background taste. This has been my best strain for smoking to date. Not too racy, doesn’t hit a ceiling for me like most strains. But mainly it always makes me feel better when I am having a bad day. If I could pick one strain to take with me to a desert island to breed with forever I wouldn’t hesitate in a second. Jilly bean would be with me.

These are this years jilly bean a few weeks before harvest.

I have been working with jilly bean since 2009 I believe. That’s when I was gifted the cut. The original mother lost her vigor and got real hard to clone a couple seasons back. So I selfed her and the S1 I selected from the seeds is a dead ringer. I also got a new seed pack but I never got closer than the S1 on taste so I did very little crossing with the new pack. Love me some jilly bean. :+1:

I think I am going to go clean my bong and have some jilly bean now w my coffee. Hope everyone is having an Irie day.:blush:

5 Likes

Right on it looks beautiful and tasty… I may take you up on your suggestions I was thinking Durban poison anyway you have solidified that now Thank you for the help and the in depth run down on the strains your awesome!! I’ll keep in touch when I get them in dome dirt TY

1 Like

They look beautiful tho you did a great job on them my mouth is watering looking at your pics

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words.

Homegrown has Jilly bean seeds when I ordered last. Also, Miss Jill just did a release (2weeks ago) of jillybean back cross. It’s been years since she released any jillybean seeds. I don’t think since Subcool died. To get those you have I am thinking about getting a pack myself.

3 Likes

@Dkershey1 ,
How did that apple Sunday turn out.? Did it have an apple flavor? I was looking at those….

2 Likes

It was very flavorful and real smooth on the toke very nice smell and taste similar kinda reminded me of skittles or something sweet but I’d grow it again for sure

1 Like

Oh cool I had no idea I’m gonna take you up on your advice and make these part of 1 of my crops this year hopefully my next crop… cool BEANS and appreciate ya

1 Like

What kind if setup do you work with inside or out? And if ya don’t mind me asking what area your from? Just curious

1 Like

I live in a north Seattle suburb. Currently I grow my weight outdoors. And indoors I just keep my bonsai clones going through the winter of my keepers. And chuck a little pollen around too most years. Minimal lights and minimal care. Just enough to get them through till spring. I’ve done plenty of indoor girls in the past though. In the different rentals over the years. Currently in the house I am in I do it outdoors. Kind of like a zen thing for me to try to do it all under the sun. I also breed aquarium fish and set up custom aquariums. My holding tanks kind of max out my circuits and space in my garage. So I’m also limited on my electrical resources I can divert to an indoor grow area. I kind of have an oversized lot because of a creek that cuts through my lot. They can’t build on the flood plane so all my neighbors and I are blessed with an extra wide lovely Greenbelt. I filled it with a food forest and I plant heavily with my favorite plant. I have been in this place 16 years. I made my giant raised beds & amended them with compost and love. I have now become a firm believer of the living soil. Now that I have a spot to take advantage of such set up. I also ramble on at it when I get high. Sorry for the essay.

3 Likes

Yumbolt, dosidos those are fun great smell taste and yield.

3 Likes

Hey no problem there but from what you explained seems like a Growers paradise for sure I wish I was able to use my property outside my house to crop outside but here in PA it’s only legal for medical right now which I got my medical marijuana card but still not allowed to grow yet but you said about the fish and aquarium that would be awesome but it seems like your living a life and doing things you love to do and that’s AWESOME but I’m glad I got the chance to meet you maybe 1day call you a friend im Dan by the way but it’s definitely nice to talk 2u AND PICK YOUR BRAIN you seem to have alot of different knowledge and im always learning in try to learn in life

1 Like

I was actually thinking of dosidos b4 you mentioned that so I think since I got a 2nd vote on that it’ll be in my next crop for sure and solid pick I love the strain Thanks for the input

1 Like

Did you go for the Durban and dosido? I have never done dosido, but I have heard it smells like peanut butter. If you grow it, I would love to hear if it really smells like peanut butter?

Or anyone else try dosido? @MoOG, did you smell peanut butter terps in the waft??

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

:+1:

3 Likes

My question is what seeds do you have, or are available?

My all-time favorite is Thai. It didn’t have nicely formed solid nugs, but oh man, the flavor and the high! Last year I bought way too many seeds and had a couple I got out of a bud that I got from a guy. All in all 6 cultivars, of which I grew 3, Mystery weed, Gelato, and Blue Dream Auto. I am currently growing Bruce Banner Fast Version, so that leaves Goldleaf Auto and Trainwreck to grow before I move on to another. Of course, if I were to somehow get a seed that has a high CBD and THC level, it might go to the front of the line.
Anybody ever get Oaxacan?

1 Like

:v::laughing: i’m so high i’m blank for what to say. i sure ain’t in no pain

:crazy_face: i got 3 of them little auto creatures

1 Like