Stunted autoflower?

This is a BCN critical xxl auto at around 67 days from germination. This has been my first autoflower run and they’ve been all over the place but this one in particular has me nervous. She has needed a ton of defoliation and I’m afraid I stressed and stunted her. No trichome production yet and still only white pistols with no real bud structure yet. Does anyone know if this is on par for this strain or if I dun goofed? :crazy_face:

Thanks, guys. I’ll take better pictures later today.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Captspalding they look healthy enough. Just give them some more time and make sure you’re giving them the PK and sugar they need to bulk up. Still a while to go though based off of all the pistils still being white.

4 Likes

MDBuds, right on. Thanks for calming my nerves lol

3 Likes

@Captspalding you’re welcome man. My autos are taking two weeks longer than the advertised flowering period so some can go longer and mature slower.

My 10 week ones are looking like 12 week ones and my 12 week ones are looking like 14 week ones. Lol

3 Likes

MDBuds, is this your first time with autoflowers? It’s been mine. I think what threw me off is how ridiculously quickly my gorilla glue auto finished up. She had about 20% amber trichs by like day 55. It sort of set an unrealistic standard for me. I’ll be growing more autos to fill gaps between harvests though for sure though. I think they are pretty cool tools to have in your growers arsenal.

2 Likes

@Captspalding yeah it’s my first run with autos. Got a few different strains going. One 8-10 weeks and one 10-12 weeks to flower. They were opaque and milky white on time but they’re taking their sweet time getting some amber going. :joy:

1 Like

@MDBuds @Captspalding i’ve never grown autos i’m chicken but after looking at everybodies Hmmm i’m finding them very interesting and fast. is Fast why people grow Autos? Educate Me on it please. all my life Regs til i went Fem. :v: You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 8 hours before trying again.

1 Like

@DollarBill they’re easy and fast requiring very little as far as nutrients compared to photos. The full life cycle alone is about as long as most photo flowering periods without the extra 4 to 6 weeks of veg. On top of that modern autos are just as potent as photos and are getting some good terpene profiles too.

The appeal is that they are easy and require very little work. The most i would personally do training wise is lst. They also make for great plants for sog. Fill a 4x4 tent with autos and you can have a lb of bud dry and curing in 14 weeks.

The only downside is that you can’t keep them in veg to recover like you can photos if you accidentally mess something up.

1 Like

@MDBuds Thank You, i’ll keep watching and learning then give it a try Sounds Good

2 Likes

@MDBuds check this MD, think it’s a Male?

Wife says so because it has 6 sets of leaves 5 are 3 Finger palms growing satellite branches on the short stalk at 23 days on a Fem

2 Likes

@DollarBill won’t know until you flower. All of those old wives tales about sexing by seed, leaves, or growth patterns have been proven false. Just gotta wait until you see the balls. :joy:

@MDBuds i hear you but it’s the first GG#4 that Funked Out like that of 20 seeds. Don’t look like it can Hoola Hoop very good

1 Like

@DollarBill could be a pheno variance and you’ll get one with 3 satellite branches per node. Means more bud. Who knows. It looks healthy so I’d grow it out. Worst case you get some pollen to play with.

1 Like

@MDBuds i don’t get antzy. just trying to be right and giggle at the wife :grinning: i also don’t know why i feel like i’m going to Lose The Bet

1 Like

@DollarBill probably because you’ve had such great luck with not a single herm GG#4 in 20 seeds when GG#4 is notorious for going herm. Luck’s gonna run out some time. :joy:

Also, even if you do end up being right, it’s probably not a good idea to rub her nose in it. Them old achie bones might not fare to well on the couch. :joy:

1 Like

@MDBuds i got rid of the couch went Bean Bag :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just kidding, i’d never say a word i do have a bean bag to pout in though

1 Like

I wouldn’t really say that autoflowers are easier, just different. It seems like a lot of new growers start out with autos because they are told that autoflowers are easier but you have less room for error since any kind of stress can impact yeilds and they burn much easier. If you accidentally stress them and it takes a week or two to recover, that’s 10%ish of the overall lifespan of the plant wasted.

The advantages for myself so far have been minimal compared to photoperiods, especially in terms of yeild, but it’s been a lot of fun nonetheless.

1 Like

@Captspalding what lighting schedule are you using? I’ve found that 18/6 to 20/4 max yields better than full 24 hours light. That bit of rest let’s them take up nutes better and they use the stored nutrients and they don’t burn as much. It also seemed to make them a little frostier and they had a more pronounced terpene profile.

1 Like