Stunted autoflower

What’s up with this little guy?
I germinated 6 white widow autoflowerseeds.
This one germinated a week after the others. And has these burnt looking leaves. The other plants are over a foot tall and are starting to flower. This one is about four inches high. Is is just defective? I’m going to try to grow it anyway, I’m just curious what’s going on.

1 Like

I need a better picture from above so I can see the leaves. Also, do you know the ph of your soil?

From what I can see it looks like some form of nutrient deficiency or a fungal infection. I need a better look at those white spots and the leaves to be of any more assistance.

Honestly I don’t know the PH. I started them all in solo cups with the same soil, light, etc. This one germinated a week after the others. I almost threw it out thinking it wasn’t going to germinate at all. It came up with these spots on the false leaves. The other plants are thriving. In fact they are starting to flower.
No big concern, I’m just curious.

1 Like

I think to many people overthink growing. I’m no expert but I never have many problems

5 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Nice looking plants great job

1 Like

@Victor man that’s crazy looking for sure, I had 1 that is just way behind the others, like a full week to 10 days, all sprouted at the same time. I figure it’s more to do with genetics than anything we are doing.

Get a good PH pen, it’s a life saver.

2 Likes

@Victor sorry it took so long to reply but I found your problem. Your pot has white flies. Hope it hasn’t spread to the others yet. Make sure you get a good organic foliar bug spray. Garlic, neem, and pepper oils are my go to before flowering.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just put them in the ground and give them some miracle grow now and then. The other five are doing great. I’m going to keep this one in a pot and see what happens

Thanks! I didn’t suspect insects. I’ll check them all
Appreciate the help.

1 Like

Hey MD, thanks again. You were right it was white flies.
First time I’ve had them. I have a Gelato photo period in the greenhouse also, and it had a few. That one i would hate to see damaged. I didn’t find any on the outdoor plants, but I’ve sprayed all of them down with an insecticide soap. Really appreciate the help.

1 Like

@Victor you’re welcome brother. I had a hell of a time starting out when I was younger before bud forums and all the references online. It took me weeks to diagnose mites the first time I had them. Happy to help and share the knowledge. Happy growing man. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I find that autos can be hit or miss. I never have any trouble with regulars, but the autos can be stunted or have irregular buds.

1 Like

welcome…yes they are more susceptible to stunting but photos can stunt too. And dwarfs are a common issue, more so in photo than auto
this is why we never grow just 1 plant…CYA, ace up you sleeve, a backup
sometimes we cannot control the environment. My outdoor grow got heat with an early heatwave…110-118F for over 3 weeks and almost a month early. Many plants stunted. My autos (untouched) are struggling…basically 1 apical bud, getting some thickness now that temps have dropped but my photos, many stunted / dwarfed. I have a SFVOGKush that looks like a bonsai…excepting popcorn nuggets later in the season. Good node development but small branches, small leaves…they almost all look like sugar leaves instead of fan leaves.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen with the two autos I’m growing now. The heat didn’t exactly stunt them, but they started out growing bushy instead of stretching.
One looks normal now, about two months in, but the other is short and bushy, looks like I LST"d it.