Starting new grow

Hello I’ll be starting a new grow my last grow was successful. I grew them in 2 gallon pots. This time I’ll be growing in 5 gallon pots for bigger yield results. Any thoughts on transplanting stages starting from 16 oz cup to a 5 gallon pot? Should I go from the cup to one gallon to 5 gallons or from cup to 1 gallon to 3 gallon and then 5 gallon pot ? I’m looking to do about 2 months veg and 2 months flower.

I would go with cup to 5 gallon but how big are they and what soil are you using

2 Likes

I’m starting germinating process tonight. I’ll be reusing foxfarm fertilizer from my last grow. I thought about from cup to 5 gallon but I was concerned about watering issues under and over watering. I don’t have experience with growing straight out of big pot. I tried it before and had issues. But I guess it different if it’s from cup to 5 gallon pot because roots will be better developed. What’s your thoughts?

2 Likes

I always go from cup to final container.
Transplanting once cuts down on the potential shock of multiple transplants. By the time they have a few leaf sets, there’ll be plenty of root structure. They’ll thrive in 5 gallon containers

4 Likes

I would also go to their final pots then too. I have a frow going now and will flip to 12/12 after only 4 weeks. Grape Ape strain. Going to see how quick they go into flower being photos and all. So far the best starting plants I have grown. Good luck with your grow will be following along. My transplant will be Sunday.

1 Like

Sounds good thanks for info.

1 Like

Sounds good thanks for the info. I will be following alone as well and giving updates…

1 Like

Quick question. I just started my grow indoors. It’s like week 2 of veg. I’m veg for March and April and flowering May and June. Harvest will be sometime in June or July. I have a small 5000 BTU air conditioner. I’m not sure if it will keep the temperatures low enough during flower and drying Because my last grow I started it in June 2021 Which was in the vegetative state at the time. I know they can Withstand higher temp during veg compared to flower. My temperatures were at about 82 with the AC set set to 62゚. My question is what is the highest tolerable temperature That the plants could Withstand during flowering and drying without Affecting potency and quality?

A good question. My first grow saw temps go up to 100 deg F during flower. Did it effect yields? Probably but it was good smoke. I did a lot wrong that first grow and still had success. Wiith that said the better you control environment the better your crop should be in theory.

1 Like

You want your plants to think its fall therefore lower temperature will make all the good stuff colors ,terps, and it will start the end of it’s life when im in veg i like to keep my temperature around 80 and during flower around 68 to 70

2 Likes