Soil Vs Coco For Autos?

Will do! They are beasting out, trying some new things with this grow so we will see! I will release a entire grow video on these once they are done!

1 Like

sooo @Highigan where is our update

Sorry for the delay, got a little hasty with the nutes and juiced them to hard, you can see the damage in the link below, I flushed them about a week ago and have been just giving water and a little molasses, they are looking happier so maybe I saved em! Opps!

(Hit the next arrow to see plants)
Pics

I have been running autoflowers about 10 years, they were a novelty and you had to buy from Mdanzig or Joint Dr from back of high times, things have changed allot since then, i run all my autos in fox far ocean forest add chunk pearlite for airation, they lov it and its good so you dont have to feed as often.

2 Likes

This was my first time using fox farm and it is much hotter in nutes vs the soil I used last time, I think my mistake was top dressing to soon goin off what I learned from our last run but with different soil. I topped dressed at week 3 and 6 I think next time more around week 4-5 for the first top dress and let them use up more nutes in the soil.

1 Like

I think that’s the best way to learn, experimenting yourself, otherwise how long will it take to learn the lesson? :v::herb:

2 Likes

I think you missed some of what I said, they were doing great in the ffof but I think I topped dressed to soon with to much nutes, that’s what caused my issues I believe. Next run I have a plan to correct!

All about the experiments! Never know unless you try!

1 Like

@snoleperd76 do you do seedlings in solo cups first? Because FFOF will burn germinating seedlings. I’m running FFOF right now and my own soil mix and the seedling I had in FFOF burned to a crisp.

3 Likes

Thank you for your patience with all of us, @MDBuds and @Highigan. I’m grateful I have the foresight to not join this conversation about autos today. :joy::rofl: Y’all have been very compassionate with me during the times I didn’t feel my voice was being heard and I appreciate you. :v:

3 Likes

I am using FF OF some strains it is just to hot for others it works perfect. My plants are pushing 34 days and the first ones are starting to show there hunger for more.

I use FFOF but my seedlings burn unless I do the following: I start my seeds in peat pods. After the pods, I either place in 3" peat cup or I make a well in my container (I start everything in 1 gal cloth pots indoors). I fill the well with peat, perlite, some coca, and yard soil. I place the seedling in the well so the roots do not reach FF until the plant can handle the nutes in FF. There are a FEW strains that can handle FF direct but not many so it is easier for me to “fill my well”. I transplant from my 1 to either a 2 or 3 (depending on quality of the plant), then eventually to a 5 unless it is a quick auto. It only takes a month to determine what your plant/s can / will handle

<3 im learning a ton too, there are a million ways to grow I think experimenting yourself and trying different things is the best way to learn yourself and see what works best for you and your setup!

1 Like

Some updates for you guys, start of week 9 was yesterday, white widow and #gg4 looking better stacking on weight, blueberry got stalled I think from the nutes and flush but it still growing. Gettin close!

5 Likes

Update for you guys, well we are in the home stretch for 2 of these ladies, WW and GG#4 recovered well from the over nute and flush and are coming down next week, BBXBD is another story lol couple weeks on her yet lol.

6 Likes

Can’t wait for my buds to get to that level. Those are good looking girls there.

2 Likes

Thanks! Def some mistakes made here but I have an idea how to correct on the next run! Still happy with how they have progressed!

2 Likes

Well finished out the WW and GG#4! Trimmed em up and they are drying now! Dropping a video 1pm eastern today covering this whole grow from start to finish!

2X4 Grow Video Live at 1pm Eastern!

7 Likes

I love y’alls faces. She looks fantastic. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks so much! We had a ton of fun this run and learned alot! Starting a 5x5 grow in heavens tent! Trying to get a perpetual thing going!

1 Like