So much to learn...so many questions!

Yeah, you have a point! :thinking:

1 Like

i put the seeds directly in soil up until now.
recently i bought some cubes for the cloning purposes.
i will use some cubes for my next batch and some directly in soil and will try to see if that makes a difference.

Yes! Keep us posted on that. If you find there isn’t a significant difference, then I’m sticking with the plugs. Or, steal your idea. Set the plug into the dirt and leave it at that.

1 Like

importantly you might wanna consider pest management in soil. they come with heat and humidity :smiley:
i use sticky papers hanging and neem extract in the soil
also has lots of N for veg time

My daughter was telling me about Neem Oil as a natural pesticide. In fact I remember her telling me to mix it with Horticultural Soap. She said that the soap kills bugs right away and the Neem provides longer term protection.

2 Likes

yep she is right but this is powder and to not need to take extreme measures :smiley: preventive.
i mix this with my soil. and topdress kind of a thin layer before the flower
anyway works for me so far. btw i go full organic

1 Like

When do you add that into the feeding schedule? I’ve only seen it as a foliar spray.

1 Like

i mix my soil with it before putting the soil in the pot like it writes there 2g per liter. btw i also add worm humus and vermiculite.
then i feed one time 1 teaspoon per liter after 2-3 weeks or when the plant is ready for ferts, for nitrogen boost, and topdress a little before flower for pest prevention. hard to foliar this type because it has big particles that clog the nozzle

The second Purple Punch I dropped on Saturday surfaced. :grin:

The first one, that was dropped the same day/time as the other one, wasn’t viable I guess. Still nothing popping out of that plug…

2 Likes

how’s that one doing?

Good…she’s standing up straight and strong,

2 Likes

Just to make sure I understand correctly, I wait to transplant them until they have both grown to essentially fill their current space but shy of touching the sides of the dome?

there is still a misunderstanding here about transplanting.
if you take cube and stick it into the soil in your pot we can not call that transplanting.
just put that cube in the soil now or tomorrow. wont change much will it?

1 Like

Another good point…

and those cubes look a bit too wet to me…
maybe it is my bad from the photo quality.
the seedling will have most of the needed h2o in itself
keep it just damp and moist. dont let it rot

It’s my bad photo skills and the use of the automatic enhancement function.

The only water they get is wicked up from the bottom and there is maybe 1/8" of water there.

yeah no worries mate, i thought so too
also the web compresses them to shite :smiley: not to do with yo skills :laughing:

Well, my skills withstanding (they suck)…with all the compressions and manipulation, Yeah, makes what ya see suspect sometimes. :grin:

Regardless, they’re going into their forever home in the morning and hopefully we’ll be off to the races with this grow. :crossed_fingers:

dont forget to make a dome.
this is my dome. when they outgrow it i am happy.

Initially, I’m going to use the dome that’s covering them now but that won’t last very long based on how fast they’ll grow. So…looks like I’m gonna have to find/make something bigger. No worries, I got this… :laughing:

1 Like