So I'm a new grower

How do I know if my plant is ready to harvest

The site said 8to 12weeks but is that from seed or is that after week 8 or 12 there is some many articles to know what to do

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Peachie518 !

Check out Harvest question - #7 by spudgunner . Yours doesn’t look ready yet, still lots of white pistils, when they go red start checking the trichomes.

And 8 to 12 is optimum times for a hydro grow, in a lab…add a week or two for those of us who can’t scientifically monitor/adjust 24/7!

Looking good so far, well done! You’re on the right track!

1 Like

This plant is 12 weeks today And it light is 12 12is that ok too

2 Likes

Yes 12&12 good if you see white pistils it’s still growing @Peachie518

1 Like

Thanks for the help with all the stuff I have read and to find a magnifying glass to look at them is rediculas my phone did a better job

2 Likes

you know when your plants are ready for harvest based on the trichomes / stamens /pistils
trich.pstl.hrvst

2 Likes

@Peachie518 12/12 light is good for both autos and photo plants, altho autos aren’t dependent on decreasing light to go to bud. You could keep lights on 18/6 or 20/4 if they are autos to increase photosynthesis.

Personally I don’t grow from seed (hence I don’t grow autos), but this is all stuff I’ve learned from this forum! It’s an amazing place, I get lost down the rabbit-hole many times, especially if I’m baked! Live and learn vicariously through my growmie homies!

I’m soooo tempted to get some auto seeds this spring, start them in my tent and them plant them in the hills (I found a few potential spots close to home with road and water nearby, love Google Maps, satellite and terrain views!). We can get shit weather end of September/October up here, too much rain. My neighbour’s plants didn’t get to fully bud before the rain and wind and then cold made him take them down…think he ended up just chucking them. Autos could be timed to finish end of August, mid September. Might be my $100 experiment if those sites look as good up close as they do from space!

2 Likes