Slang Terms Glossary - Yes, no?

Can we start a list of grower slang? Nanners, FFHF, etc. I’m learning so much, but get lost with a lot of the acronyms (FFHF) and slag you use. Good idea? Yes, no? If good, add some words. When we get a good list I’ll pull together into one alphabetically.

3 Likes

I’ll offer a couple – then you GO

Nanners Bananas or “nanners” are a type of mixed-sex cannabis flower that grow from the middle of cannabis buds as a result of stress or genetics. Bananas are unwelcome in cannabis gardens because they release pollen that can cause developing buds to form seeds. One or two bananas probably won’t make a whole lot of seeds, but many of them can produce very seedy buds. nanners

FFHF: Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil
FFOF: Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

Another one:

VPD Vapor pressure deficit

Vapor pressure deficit (VPD) refers to the difference between moisture that is found in the air and how much moisture the air can hold in total. … VPD cannabis cultivation involves the transpiration of moisture that is created by plants.

2 Likes

Great idea. Fwiw, all the above about vapor pressure is what we are adjusting when we adjust water or ventilation or rh. It’s the science behind “reading your leaves”.

1 Like

FIM-“fuck I missed” is a HST (high stress training) method for increasing yield by cutting the leaves just barely above the top of the branch causing 2-4 new tops to form.

PAR - Photosynthetically active radiation - led light measurement. The spectrum of photosynthetic light.

PPF- Photosynthetic Photon Flux - led light measurement- the total possible amount of PAR photons a light can emit.

PPFD - Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density - led light measurement - the density of PAR photons at different intervals/distances from the light source.

D.L.I.- Daily Light Integral - the amount of light energy measured in mols a plant is receiving each day during the photoperiod (lights on).

1 Like

I can always count on you for the coolest info. Thanks. My first three are doing great. I’ve been a nervous wreck. Have to take CBD calm capsules to chill.

1 Like

Here is one: ITOD “In the old days”.

2 Likes

TDS - Total Dissolved Solids
EC - Electrical Conductivity