Should I thin this thing out?

1st. day week 4 of veg

2 Likes

Is it an auto? If so, I’m not the person to ask. If not, I’d say yes, definitely. There’s not a whole lot of breathing room from what I can see at the top. What’s happening underneath?

1 Like

bruce banner photo it’s shaped like a Christmas wreath and thick as a Briar Patch. No light penetration at all.

1 Like

2 Likes

I would definitely thin her out on the bottom so she can get some air moving through. Otherwise, all the leaves are going to do is capture moisture, then all the fun that comes with that will occur (mildew, fungus gnats, etc). If it were me, I’d remove everything from the bottom nodes (first leaves from the bottom) first and see how it goes. I’d probably also rough up the medium a little just to get the gas exchange going.

1 Like

real pretty plant but it’s only 7 inches tall.

The branches are so stocky I can’t do very much LST on it

1 Like

Are you saying you don’t think you should thin her out? If so, go with your gut instinct. I’d like to see more air up under there though. However, are you pumping air in there?

1 Like

I know I need to thin her out but just how far do I go?

2 Likes

Do not concern yourself with the canopy (top). Leave it…Bruce does not need much training as it grows pretty bushy without much help. Get the underneath defoliated. No more tan 30% at a time but get the lower leaves out so there is room for air circulation…will prevent mold

3 Likes

Ok thanks I’m going to dig into her! haha

1 Like

I’m curious, when you remove the bottom leaves do you just throw them away? Because they don’t have much THC, right?

1 Like

When I defoliate, they get tossed. When we get near harvest time, I get rid of the big ones but the little ones all get saved for extracts

2 Likes

:v: Flower Time on a GG #4 Feminized, she’s only 6 inches tall at 12 Weeks GIF_20210126_182445 Wish me Luck