Should i cutt all leaves..?

Here is blue widow n its photo…shold i cutt all fan leaves n im confused or should i let grow.

1 Like

Uploading: 16425528071952988473956576443742.jpg…

2 Likes

it is hard to tell where the plant is at under these lights. Can you use daylight? iT IS USUALLY OK TO TRIM FAN LEAVES (ALWAYS LESS THEN 25%) on photo plants, even after flowering. Much depends on environment (tent size, lights, Rh, air circulation (VPD chart)

2 Likes

I trim my photos about 1foot from soil to get good air flow

3 Likes

If your RH is on the low side, leaving some extra foliage can help keep things from drying out so fast. If you’re controlling RH or it’s on the high side, pruning for good airflow is a good idea.

1 Like

@Tmc33 I wrote this to another thread on this subject…Everyone has their own technique for trimming but a good rule of thumb is… if the fan leaf is blocking light to a bud site, remove it. If the fan leaf is facing the inside of the plant, remove it. If the fan leaf has issues, remove it. Never remove more than 1/3 of your plants foliage at any one time. Some plants will tolerate more but most wont. Fan leaves are needed all the way until final flowering, so only take off what is needed at each trimming and watch how she reacts to the trimming to see how often you can trim her. IMHO plants like to be trimmed and will grow better. Kind of like after you get a good hair cut you feel great !

5 Likes

Thanks guys…ill leave em on therr and ill show more pics n a min.

1 Like