Seeds on a seedling?

Say it ain’t so. How is that possible? Am I wrong, what is this?

2 Likes

Is that a growth on there and is it a auto

@Captspalding that looks like it might be a bacterial infection called phytoplasma witches’ broom. Can you take a photo closer up on the growth?

2 Likes

Not a seed. Get a few close up pics under white light for us to be able to see it better. But definitely not a seed.

I should have taken more pictures but I already trashed the seedling. It was supposed to be a feminized Bruce Banner seed.

@Captspalding that’s good. I was going to tell you to cull it anyway and sterilize your tent so it didn’t spread. Phytoplasma witches’ broom infections cannot be treated but they can be prevented. You can stop it from spreading to other plants in the tent with proper sterilization and disinfection practices as well as proper pest control. Most infections of phytoplasma are brought on by mold breaking down the cells and allowing the bacteria to enter the plant or by insects.

1 Like

I would have keep it just toped it took it off

1 Like

Is phytoplasma a gram positive yeast problem, essentially?

@kmac03 yes. Phytoplasma is a gram positive bacteria in fungal yeast cultures. So far they have only managed to isolate 3 proteins from studies that cause the mutagenic growth in diseased plants. It’s a complex bacteria though which makes it extremely difficult to treat. Also because of its vectors of transmission with insects and molds it is easily transmissable in areas near farmlands and crops afflicted with the bacteria.

Best bet to beat it for now is prevention until there is an effective treatment found.

2 Likes