Seedling Soil - can I plant directly?

Once my seeds are taproot ready, can I put them into Ocean Soil directly? I’m growing Bruce Banner and Gelato, both are autoflower.

Thanks,
Geoff

2 Likes

Hey @Sidecar - Welcome!

Yes! I put my germinated seeds directly into FF Ocean Forest.

Been doing it like that for years.

It has plenty of nutes in it, so you won’t need to add any, possibly late veg stage or even into flowering.

2 Likes

Thanks! I had read that FF was too hot for germinated seeds, but wanted to check. First time growing autoflower.

1 Like

I’d be careful doing that, it does run hot😬

1 Like

I used FFOF for quite awhile. Never had problems with it being too hot.

That being said,I would look into the specific strain for notes. Some plants are sensitive to feeding.

2 Likes

FFOF can be a bit hot for autoflower seedlings but as long as you just water in a small circle around the seedling and don’t water the rest of the pot until it hits veg (usually around the second week when it has its first set of leaves and is starting on it’s second) you should be fine. It shoots the tap root down and keeps the feeder roots from going out and collecting nutes until you want it to so you are less likely to get nitrogen burn.

3 Likes

That’s exactly why I said be careful, he’s using autoflowers no room for error. Lost time is lost harvest, why take the chance???

1 Like

I can’t speak about years ago on FFOF because this is my first time using it. That being said, I know it runs hot because it burnt my plants this time :wave:.

So did you switch from FFOF? If so, to what?

1 Like

My first three are in FFOF. They’re doing good. My next round I put in 50/50 FFHF and FFOF with Pearlite. They are doing really well. I’m at the beginning of the 4th week and I gave them 1/3 recommended dose of Growtime Nutes Standard. They handled it well.

1 Like