Seed pods and nutes

Hey, those of you who put gerned seeds into peat pods, do you soak the pods into seedling nutes before placing the germed seed? I’m starting germ today and need to be ready.

1 Like

Them pods should have all you need to get them going. I sprout my seeds in paper towel once they get good tap root put pods in warm water they will swell up get something sterilize it has small hole in it drop in tap root down and pinch on soil cover it keep them moist @GrnyGrows

1 Like

Thanks. I thought that was the case but don’t like to assume.

Seedlings have most of the yummies they need built in and your pod will be just fine with water.
I’m quick to add my pod to a solo cup of final soil. It pulls the excess water away from the pod. I put holes in the sides and bottom of the solo cup and keep it in a tray with a little water. That way the roots reach down for a drink without drowning.
Once you see some roots sneaking out the holes, you know it’s time to put to their final destination.
By then you’ve formed a root ball that should slide out of the cup and just set it in the final pot/bag and fill dirt around it.

1 Like

I soaked the pods and planted. But question, the pods were very wet, should I have squeezed some water out or is it cool to go from water to counter to dome?

No they dry pretty quick just put container and dome

Thanks for your help.

Perfect and your welcome my friend happy growing

Do you have a picture of this setup? How often are you keeping the water above the small holes? This seems like an easy button for me on my first grow.

I probably have a pic buried somewhere but it isn’t complicated.
I use a normal red solo cup. I grow in pre-mix soil so that is what I put in the cup. I can’t grow a seedling in the pre-mix directly because it is too hot. I use the pod to give the seedling a starter base.
I dig a hole in the dirt deep enough to plant the pod and put it in there. At about the lower inch, I cut vertical slits, probably 4 or 5 around the cup.

For my water tray, I use the bottom half of a plastic milk jug. I keep about an inch of water in it.
Keep her under light. Keep the light close. About ten inches if you are using full scale lighting. If you are using seedling lights, get them down close. 2 to 3 inches.
Many new growers make the mistake of having they lights to high. I did. The chart with my Mars 300 said 28 inches.
Many new growers mistake light-stretch for fast growth. If the light is too high, she will stretch to get photons. You will end up with vines where you wanted stems. Lol
If you are in the southern latitudes, you can still take advantage of the free sunlight for a few weeks. It’s hard to beat a rolling sun.

1 Like

I’m in Minneapolis so I’m indoors in a 4x4 starting two seeds of auto Bruce banner. Thank you so much for all the information. I’ll be looking at this post for the next few weeks to make sure I have everything good. I’ll be using your method and thank you for the tip on the e lights. I have some leds got the kit of Amazon lol. Bud grower and 5 gal pots. I bought a surge protector off Amazon to automate allot of the on off cycles. 20/4off (fans / lts) exhaust fan on always. I’ll post my start with all details.

1 Like