Sativa 6 plant 2.5’x2.5’x7’ 200w LED

I am planning to grow 6 strong looking seedlings of Acapulco Pupil x Star Pupil.
I’m going to use 2 gal cloth smart pots under a good 200 watt LED. The light will veg and flower at 16” hang height. I think this strain can stretch 3x so I plan to flip 12/12 when the plants are still quite short. Seedlings popped on Jan 5 in Happy frog and purified water under weak grow led.
Just gave a foliar spray ph’d tap water with weak cal-mag solution as the first exposure to nutrients.
I’m wondering how to train these plants. Let them go, top, fim, lst, lollipop, use netting, bamboo stakes?
Lots of options : )
This is only my second indoor grow.
Not sure what to expect. I plan to transplant into ocean forest this weekend with some vermiculite and place in tent with light very high. Drop light gradually.
I’d appreciate feedback on my plan and/or suggestions.
I’m told these can take extremely long 12-20 weeks? to flower? Sound right for a sativa?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you in a tent? Go ahead and prepare that she will grow above your lights, if so. This is, of course, in my limited experience. Mine cleared my lights each time I’ve grown a sativa. She’s wild anyway, so you have to follow her lead as to what she wants to do, if that makes sense. I’d use bamboo stakes, netting can get cumbersome, maybe get some lollipops that enable you to train from above.

I’m curious why you are introducing nutrients prior to her request? I’m not judging, I’m learning from your method.

1 Like

@Nyslide62 for sativas topping early and lst is my go to. You can either manifold and then mainline as they call it now or you can go for the menorah/upside down Christmas tree which is my preferred.

1 Like

Ooooo…you must show us the menorah. Please?

1 Like

straight-lst LST---2

@kmac03 here you go. First is a basic mainline and second is menorah.

6 Likes

Wooooowwww. I’m not worthy. :eyes: What a beautiful site to behold. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I introduced the diluted cal-mag as a mild source of nitrogen. The bottom leaves are slightly yellow and the top growth is growing fast. The seedlings are in happy frog which I think is low in nutrients compared to the ocean forest.

strong text

1 Like

Here is a picture of sativa’s theey are monsters to grow

and they grow fast

4 Likes

Thats amazing :clap:! Would love to try an outdoor grow.:camping:

4 Likes

The picture is power plant and they say mobe dick gets alot bigger

3 Likes

@Daddy1971 yeah Moby Dick gets 12-15 feet if you give the roots a lot of room and don’t limit height. Easily a few pounds per plant harvest.

Indoor it’s best to do 1 or 2 at a time in a 4x4 and scrog with lots of topping and lst. You can easily fill the whole tent.

4 Likes

Yea i say they will get away from you easy if you don’t stay on top of them lol

4 Likes

I have 3 power plant growing i let them get about 3foot i flipped the light’s

2 Likes

Boom!! More to contemplate. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks! I think I may have gotten in over my head. : )
I’m trying to stuff 6 plants into a tiny 30”x30”x 72” tent.
I think I’m going to try going almost straight into flower as soon as I transplant into 2 gal pots.
I’ll keep you posted.
I understand I’m trying something less than optimal.
The seeds are feminized but maybe one or more will herm and that will thin things out.

Thank you for the advice. I think I’ll learn the hard way as usual. : )
“It seemed like a good idea at the time.”

2 Likes

Sometimes less is more. You can grow like the solo cup challenge…we grow only in solo cups but you can scrog 25 cups in a tent your size. We let them go and just try to get an even canopy but even 25 solo grows will net a good return. Maybe an idea would be to transplant 4 into 2 gal pots, leave 2 in the 1 gal and what you get is what you get. When you are done, you will have an idea of what your TENT supports.
I LIKE VARIETY…becasue of that, I grow many at one time. When I want quantity, I grow the SAME STRAIN, larger containers 5gal or 7 and only a few. The ROI becasue of the larger container is what my goal is. 1 foot (plant size) for 1 gallon…a growth formula by our own MDBuds that is SPOT ON. More roots = more fruit.

1 Like

Thank you. This is gold I get it.
I’m going to find two 1 gal cloth pots.
I want smaller plants and to maximize surface area.
Would there be a way to support the branches without netting that would still allow me physically move the plants and rotate them in order to evenly distribute light, ventilation, and make defoliation and training easier?
Thanks!

If you have heard of yoyo’s. They work but we do not use the spring back part…if they snap, they can take an eye out. I hang string from the bars on top of my tent and just let it hang down. I wrap the string gently around the stems and it supports them…just a few twists needed. I can remove easily and replace as needed

1 Like

You are so NOT joking about the spring part. Only takes one time. :crazy_face: :eyes:

Arrrrr. what Rrrrr you doin…training for a pirate position…

1 Like