Quick question!

Want to grow seeds with clones at same paste. When should I plant the seed? Before the clone, after? How long after? I know genetics play a roll on how fast and tall they grow but I somewhat want to keep them around the same height. Bless me with knowledge !! Kyle Kushan says he plants seed a week before he takes clones . Any ideas?

1 Like

Welcome @MagallanAnthony !

Wow, lot of variables will play into effect here! Seed…strain, femmed, auto, sativa, etc. Clone strain, size when cut (or are you planning to cut?), letting it sit in water for a week or rooting compound into medium? If seeds are photo, you can flip at same time, and train everything to same height.

Personally, I’d start soaking the seeds, then paper towel method. When they sprout and you plant and put them in your seedling area, cut the clones and put them in there too. By the time the clones develop a good root, the seedlings should be on a couple sets of leaves and everything can get transplanted around the same time and then put under better lights.

1 Like

If the clones are rooted, it will take a seed a min 3 weeks to reach the point where it is as viable as a rooted clone. If not rooted and you are cloning, start your seeds and then cut the clones. The seeds will take 3 weeks to be at the same point as a rooted clone.
Genetics play a big part of this also but if all the plants are photo period, lights will control the aging of the plants so all this is moot. They will stay in veg until you FLIP. We don’t clone auto and auto growth and photo growth are dissimilar

1 Like