Problems drying weed in a dry climate

Hey, I can’t seem to get past 5 days before being completely dry. I have even had a humidifier keeping it around 60%. Temp at 70 to 75 degrees. Kept in a small closet 2×10. Small fan, away from plants. Can’t lower temp. How high can I raise the humidity to stretch out the dry time? How much is to much humidity?

2 Likes

@Kawika welcome to the forum man. I’d just try a smaller fan and maybe leaving the fan leaves on when you hang to help keep moisture in. Just trim the fans off after a week and let them dry the rest of the way without for cure.

3 Likes

Great idea. I would also use frozen milk cartons, water bottles, placed in front of the fan or behind it to lower temps. I live in the desert and add that to my dry area. I have to swap out about 3x a day unless I use gallon containers, then only 1 or maybe 2 depending on how hot/dry it is

3 Likes

Thanks for the help. My Last run I kept the humidity between 50%-60%, small fan barely moving air, and still was dry in 5 days. I was always told to try to dry it for at least 7 days to give it more time to get rid of the hay smell. I turned up the humidity. Temperature is pretty good right now,but I will try the ice trick next spring. Was just wondering what was to much humidity. Again, thanks for the help.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome,and the help. Even with the fan leaves on,and humidity between 50%-60%. Small fan barely moving air, still dry in 5 days. Trying to get to at least 7 days. Was just wondering what was to much humidity. Again, thanks for the help.

1 Like

@Kawika over 60% is too high.

2 Likes

@Kawika something else that helps is watering right before the dark period before drying. Water the plant heavily kind of like flushing but you aren’t flushing. Just make the buds swell with water and then harvest during a waxing moon instead of at the new moon so it keeps more moisture. I know that sounds weird but it works.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll definitely remember that for the next run.

3 Likes

@Kawika germinate during waxing crescent and pull to dry during waxing gibbous. Usually you should harvest on the new moon but the plant will have more moisture in waxing gibbous.

3 Likes