Problem beginner

@spudgunner, I guess we just can’t relate. I think the weather man said we have only had 10 days without measurable precipitation since Christmas. I could not imagine not having my 5 gallon buckets fill up with rain water every week.

1 Like

Ya im lucky i have a line that just comes from the well and by passes the water softener, i heard its not good to use the water from the softener… its like 350 ppm out of the foset. And 200 out of the spicket. This is my first grow with all led i used the cmh before because of the price. But thaanks for all the input:) sorry about the delay in time!! I am looking into a dumidifier for a 12/12 room. I got my bloom and big and sticky and prime zyme. So im gonna go check things out tonight should need water. Been picking them up going by wieght with watering but i do need to get some lifts or caddys so they can get some air on the bottoms. Its just so much trying to get everything you need. But its fun and i love it. I cant believe that you guys cant use rainwater. Thats something i mean i never heard of that.

@Jasonsenter79 Lol! Me and @Noddykitty are both up in Pacific Northwest, me in BC and him in Washington. Tons of rain here. YES, we can use rainwater here, no problem with the water table levels where we are! I think it’s districts in the US (whether they be state or municipal or city ordinances/rules, dunno!).

I have really good water up here, no scale in the kettles or anything. I don’t even test my water for ppm or pH or…the nutes I use balance everything out when you mix them, even if you started with pH of 4 or pH of 9…mix it up and it comes out at 6.2 or somewhere around there. No issues with my plants, other than a freeing cold floor which I just fixed by laying 4" of stryofoam under the tent floor. Won’t have that problem again!

Water, air and weed for free! Two out of three ain’t bad! (ok, nods, you should get that reference! Not Dire Straits! Hint, he died a couple weeks ago…rip)

I get my water from creek im on east coast it comes from natural spring on foot hill’s of appalachian mountains and it’s awesome @Jasonsenter79 It depends on where you live on the well water if the water sit alot it’s not very good

@Jasonsenter79 bag size all depends on how long you intend to veg and the size of the plant and root system.

Your average indica or hybrid or short flower sativa just doing the normal 6-8 week veg with and 8-10 week flower a 3 gallon is fine.

Larger sativas or hybrids or larger heavy yielding inidcas with larger root systems with a 6-8 week veg and 10-12 week flower 5 gallons.

Huge Sativas or hybrids with massive root systems and yields even with a 6 week veg can flower for 12-18 weeks and will need almost double the pot for the root systems. So those I’d do in 7-10 gallons.

Also, the longer you veg the larger the root system will be so the larger the pot you will want to use. I’d say every 2 weeks extra veg time increase about a gallon for smaller plants. For the larger heavier yielding plants I’d increase about 2 gallons for every extra two weeks veg.

I had to transplant my outdoor Moby Dick into a 25 gallon pot from a 10 gallon pot when I did one outdoors because it vegged so damn long and got so huge. Even thought the 25 was too small and was thinking I should have gone 30-50 gallons because I had to supplementally feed a lot in late veg and through flower. Never want to do pots outdoor with huge plants again if I can help it. I’ll just put them in the ground. Lol

1 Like

3 foot tall about 1.5 feet wide a 3 gallon is just right.

Sweet ok ya my three gallon should be ok i mean im in flower now for three weeks so ill stay with the 3 gallon. Ya my well is drilled and the household uses it but there water goes thru the softener so its not sitting. I didnt know that the nutrients accually will bring the ph up or down i know its right at 6.3 or so when im done mixing it def takes alot of work out. Ya my 3 gallon bag it will totally dry out in three days so i been trying to water like on the second day right now. I was able to go on the third day in veg. I got them watered up good with some more bloom and big and sticky. Im hoping this time around i dont get any seeds. I am growing right now strain gelato og and two grows ago before i learned about this company i had got some gelato og and some white widow. I was growing indoor and i vegged a little to long so i used a big laundry container and when i transplanted them i put them in the container leaning to the side. Cause my basement is only about 7.5 ft high. But anyways i was pulling the branches down with a string and it seemed to work ok at the time. But i was pulling one of the plants that i had picked the top off. Well when i was pulling down on it the main stem split right down the middle. I taped it all up and it still flowered but it hermied i had white widow plants and galato og so i ended up with about 500 seeds i read that when a plant hermies from stress if its feminised that all the seeds are female well i have grown two batches since then with the seeds but it seems like i still be getting some seeds. Last time i had one plant that had a buch of wierd growth i should of tossed it. I think i had another one hermie from stress cause of the heat from the cmh bulbs and i got lazy and didnt water one night and they got a little burnt. But this round i got about 6 plants and i have a 650 watt on 4 and a 270 on two. Im going to watch closely for any male flowers. After this round im def going to be getting some new seeds from here. Seems like it takes to long once they start making seeds and if its gonna be doing that everytime its not worth it i hate wasting time. Plus im sure the strains are better from here. I just was having a little trouble keeping the seedlings alive. So im worried about buying them and having them die. Im gonna try the cup with the wrap over the top like in kyles video:) see if that helps me out. I have a little humidy dome but just having trouble and i cant get them to root for some reason this strain just is hard to clone for me.

Also outdoors my season ends the first or second week of september so i need to find a good strain to grow maybe a fast feminised. I was also thinking about starting them inside under 20 hours or so and around the beg of july put them
Outside. There should be a light cut there and maybe that will start the flowering a couple weeks early. And if i have to i can shade them at night or i have another spot in the forest they seem to start flowering faster because of the shade. Any thoughts about that? Anyone try doing that? I had a white widow the year before last and i put them outside not thinking of the hour difference and they started flowering and went back to veg. Another mistake that i learned from i did end up getting a pound Amd a half off it still. I got a picture here.!

i had a problem with aphids it slowed the flowering way down i dont think it really finished and i had some burned leaves or whatnot but it was decend smoke:) ladybugs helped me out alittle:)

2 Likes

@Jasonsenter79 I have the same issues here with the early harvest. 40 years ago, September used to be a great month, with the rains coming early October, and we could pick magic mushrooms from mid October to first wee of November. Now it seems the rains come mid September and last until the first frost in mid October.

I’m thinking of putting autoflowers outdoors this year just so I can get them finished end of August, maybe into September. Start them in May inside and put them out in June. I don’t have the room for a greenhouse or a way to protect them from the rain…wife would never let me put up a homemade contraption in our small back yard for my plants so I could cover them when needed! If she partook in the herb, maybe she’d understand! Just glad she let me get my tent and lights!

1 Like

My wife complains the first day the temporary greenhouse goes up. Ha I feel ya. I just do it and take my lashes. She did stop me from making my contraptions on the 12foot ladder once we had kids….

1 Like

Ya i was thinking about the autoflower im going to try the cup thing but i had a little better luck with the led just germinated 7 or 8 and ive got about 6 good ones still alive. I tryed the autoflowers didnt get much tho:) i think if i get the little ones to stay alive better then i will try the autoflowers. I tryed northern lights auto that one wasnt really that big tho. I mean were only allowed so many plants so i wanna try to keep something big.

So i got the humidity up and got my nutrients into them and they look better ill send another pic soon;) thanks again guys for the input and help.

I was thinking about buying a leafblower And just blowing them dry cause the dew really saturates them during the late flowering and i have gottem some bud rot also. I mean it may look wierd with a blowdryer out there at 5 am. But those leaf blowers really dry things out fast. But i just left them in the rain and just really give them a good shake after to get the rain off ya know. It worked out most of the time i watered cause when i put them in the ground i really didnt need to water so much id spread a little lime around just to bring the ph up some but im still learning alot to.

@Jasonsenter79 How many plants are you allowed to grow? Me, 4 total. I will be starting 2 Bruce Banner Autos, 1 Dutch Treat Feminized, and 1 Nine Pound Hammer Feminized seeds.

Hoping the BB autos will be finished flower by the time I’m ready to flip the DT and 9PH. Plan on taking some clones of those before flip (mid-May?), then I can put 1 each of them outside as young’uns, bud the 2 in the tent, and have other clones for the hills. I still have 3 BB auto seeds left, they may go outside in June/July in the hills too.

I figure this way I can get some finished while others are growing, then more will finish, then more! Every couple of months I can get a couple done while staying mostly legal (lots of grey room up in Canada, at least in BC! As long as you don’t have Fentanyl or heroin or guns). I figure a few smaller autos until my photos mature with the bigger yield will keep me supplied with variety.

Oh, dunno about using a leaf blower. Ya, it’ll blow the dew off, but it might blow your trichs off too! Guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but I’d rather have a smaller plant that finishes rather than a monster that I don’t know if it will finish. My next door neighbour had his on his deck last October, nice plants from what I could see from my window. I asked him about them later and he said he may just chuck it as it never really got to good bud stage before it got too cold and wet here.

6 plants in mass 12 total if theres more then one adult over 21 that wants to grow in the home. I mean i have a place outdoors that secluded that i can grow a couple more ya know…how much do you get off the autos?

Ya i guess i never thought of that, with the leafblower lol. I do have a little microscope that hooks to my phone that i do check on the trichomes to see if there milky or whatnot. I learned that a year ago.

These will be the first autos I’ve tried, but seems like 2 or 3 oz per plant. My idea is to get something finished to last me thru the photo grow, or at least be curing while the other 2 are finishing. I’m powering thru my last batch and don’t think it’ll last if I do a photo only, grow time and curing time. I don’t want to go back and have to BUY weed again!

And again, once I build up the reserves it’ll be photos in the tent and then just reserve the autos for a short summer grow, try to time it to finish by end of August, mid-September at the latest.

So i think there looking better since i got the humidity up. I just went and watered again last night and took a picture of one.

im about 6 weeks into flower or so still have some time left i may have to cut some more fan leaves over the budsites i try to do only a small amount every week or so i take like 5 to 10 leaves off each time is that better then doing it all at once? I mean a week before flower i did a good trim but they just keep growing more its like alot of growth:) the led lights are alot better plus i tryed some seedlings and there doing really well this time:)

2 Likes