Potency seems less

@Noddykitty, I use these sorts of vacuum lids for fermenting my hot pepper mash. That’s a great idea using them for long term flower storage.

I guess you’d call them ‘caps’. I’ve also used 2-piece lids, where you use the metal ring to hold it on, and they all broke after just a couple of uses.

1 Like

@CurrDogg420
I have a client who uses one of those to vacuum seal his mason jars every time he fishes out a bud. He’s a bit OCD though. He also wipes the bowl with alcohol and a paper towel to leave no tar residue after every hit. and changes out the Bongwater between every hit on his pipe. And that was before Covid. I guess that way every single hit taste fresh.

I don’t usually change my water or wipe the bowl with alcohol until I’m worried about it spilling on the floor if you know what I mean. If I’m outside I just use my roller (I still can’t roll for shit, maybe it’s all in my head and I need to get hypnotized or something) and smoke that way.

1 Like

Im talking about long storage i don’t grow ounces i grow pounds so i have to put alot up ive thought about the Mason vacuum lids not tried yet once you open the sealed jar you have to smoke it. Then it will start to degrade that’s why i was saying you can use pint jars for smaller crops

2 Likes

Looks like im going to be doing a video of what I trying to get across to everyone you don’t heat jars that hot just enough to push air out and seal the jar that’s the idea of the process

3 Likes

I keep all my bud in dark glass jars, sealed, in a closet that pretty much maintains 65-75°f with boivda #8, quart mason jars at 62-65%
My potency has always been very decent and only old age reduces the THC content but the conversion to cbdn is welcomed in my harvests. I / we aint looking for the fun buz, mostly the medicinal side

2 Likes

I am forever in your debt! Many thanks!

1 Like

I myself have to keep at least a half dozen strains at all times in my stash or my tolerance level will build up.I find that this is what works best for me I have daytime and nighttime strains and alternate every week.It beats the other alternative which would be to take a break for awhile.

3 Likes

u can separate them from brick and the will expand again, bounce back lol.

I’ve never had any yet to bounce back from vac sealing if you get all air out it will not bounce back

1 Like

I agree. I have a friend who vacuum seals and sends me excess from her grow. Keeps odor out for mailing but the buds never fluff back up. I am going to try soaking in my nano micelle solution to see if it will restore them and then re-dry. Even compressed, the high and taste are the same. Easy to grind for tincture / edible base

2 Likes

I bought the so called fermenting lids with the hand pump. Useless because they don’t hold the seal. A few hours or overnight the button was popped up. I use ball wide mouth, and honestly I’d like to make a gadget to allow pulling air out of the jar, and still using the factory lid. That way the jar protects from crushing when vacuumed, and so on.

I have a friend that put them in oven like i talked about and he opened a jar new year’s it was 8 years old Eldorado strain and it just as good close to when he sealed it. it lost some but not much and it’s a hell of a strain can’t get it anymore

1 Like