Pollinated? Help

Hi guys. After my last grow produced a few seeds even tho all females, I am paranoid of it happening again. How can I tell if my latest grow may have gone the same way. Is there a way to tell without waiting for seeds to form.

You probably caused too much stress close to
flower and they hermaphrodited…

Hope this helps, happy growing! Identify male, female and hermaphrodite Cannabis plants

Did your previous crop have actual male flowers, or just nanners? Remember, if you see male flowers it’s hermie garbage . . . if she self pollinates with a few stress nanners in late flower the seeds produced should be feminized and good.

Check up on the Rodelization Method of producing feminized seeds

1 Like

An occasional seed is not a bad thing. A late season ‘nanner can cause that. It’s not the end of the world. And they are pretty much guaranteed to be females.

Now, if you have a boatload of male flowers on the otherwise female plants, and it’s producing seeds everywhere, then it has gone hermie on you. And that my friend is not a good thing at all. Screws the yield and the quality. Some folks say it’s not worth harvesting. I guess it depends on how bad you need some smoke.

Have a good ‘un.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.
I only noticed on my last grow that late in flower one plant had strange growth coming out of the top of the main buds. I sort of thought it was a sativa trait? And found just a few maybe 20 seeds. On another strain I found one seed. I am now growing totally different strains from seed and maybe I’m over thinking but on 2 plants same strain, are tiny lime green/yellow things growing from the top of the buds and two other plants pistils have turned brown rather quick. The bracts look swollen on this other strain to the yellowing

This is the suspect.

And these two I suspect have been pollinated

And found just a few maybe 20 seeds. On another strain I found one seed.

Sounds like Rodelization vs hemaphroditism. Especially with autoflowers, you can let them go too long and they will generate male parts and self-fertilize. I’d speculate that the second strain with only one seed may have been pollinated by the other plant. Weed pollen spreads like crazy. Growers in Spain complain about getting pollinated by Moroccan plants across the Mediterranean, where a southerly breeze dominates during pollination season.

Seeds in your weed is not the end of the world, when I first started smoking in 1969, every ounce had hundreds of seeds. The ritual was to crush the buds on an album cover, then roll the seeds off. We’d routinely smoke 3-4 joints a night, I have smoked an ounce ($15) among 4 people in one night, we got high, it just took more to reach escape velocity. Couldn’t do that today, both for sanity and financial reasons! The sinsemilla technique of killing all the males as soon as they showed came on the market in the 1970s, quality and prices skyrocketed.

2 Likes

That was last grow. Its a new tent and if my current grow is pollinated then we can rule out rodelization and quite possibly contamination from the previous grow. I’m constantly checking them and I’m not convinced there are nanners from picture 1 rather new growth. I’ve nipped a few off which doubles as a forced bud back building experiment. It’s also the way the pistils are going amber, strangely different if only slightly. I don’t know I’m gonna let em ride. One dilemma is that I’ve 3 clones just going to flower in a different tent that I don’t know whether to cull or not

Is the trellis netting one used previously? If so, has it been cleaned? Pollen can also hide in these fibers.

No it’s a new net…

Well, maybe less stress will provide you with what you are looking for… happy growing.

Sounds like your a little bit overboard on a few seeds.I would gladly like to have good seeds to save me buying g 10.00 dollar ones.

1 Like