Please help! Seed wont germinate

Hey guys, i have finally purchased some seeds using a stealth delivery method (all illegal in my country still), but the seed will not germinate.

I have put it in some moist paper towel for 2 days and nothing, then i moved it to a cup of water covered by some plastic film and it has been there for an extra 4 days, so 6 days in total. Always stored in a dark closed around 24c temp.

The seed is just sitting there, no change at all so far.

Is there anything i can do at this point? Is it still normal that it has not started germinating?

Cheers

I go direct to soil, 3-5 days mostly 3 days and the break the surface: 1/4” deep in moist soil: :yin_yang:

2 Likes

I did that for my last plant as well, worked well.

This time though, i need to save this seed! Not sure if there is anything i can do at this point :frowning:

Its not like you started out in the soil but at this point what do you have to loose :yin_yang:

Couple drops of peroxide usually work, but not after 5 days of wet. They usually rot at that point

So, if they don’t spout by day 5 then then something is wrong with them.
Might have gotten X-Ray in shipping. I give beans 4 or 5 days to tap then start over with a new batch if they don’t. I never start seeds in dirt as the tap root could start pointing up and then it has to turn back around and this cost you veg time and it might die.
I start mine in a damp towel not too wet. I place it in a pleated no zip lock plastic bag and I blow a little co2 in there for good luck. I Make it look like a little humidity come for them and place the bag under some towels on top of my water heater or anywhere warm 65 to 72 degrees. Three days later they tap out and go right into dirt roots down and get a little bit of water with a eye dropper. Don’t over water and after a week or so they’re off to the races with vegetative growth. My last start it took over two weeks to get a group of seeds to germ and catch up with the others I had started. The seed strain I wanted would not germ so I had to use backup seeds I had as I want to run a full room and flower everything at the same time. Your doing the right thing just keep trying.

1 Like

Get a heating pad for germ. Seeds put seeds in damp paper towel in ziplock bag between two plates with the heaing pad wrapped around the whole thing work for every seed I’ve got