Plants froze overnight

Due to this huge winter storm I lost power and despite running a generator to keep a heater going in my shed where my tents are the bitter cold won and my plants froze during lights off time. I brought them and one light inside and though they are thawed and warm now they don’t look good. My calculations say they are at week 7 starting week 8 of flower, so what should I perhaps do, trim off all the sagging fan leaves to try and prevent mold and keep them going, or just chop them down? Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

!

This picture was how they looked the day before power loss.

1 Like

Dang! This is a terrible situation, Have they looked any better since getting warm? Hoping for the best!:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

No they are looking worse, I think I am just gonna chop them down and see what happens. I am sure they are not ready. But one was getting close. I’m gonna check the tricomes.

1 Like

Decarb and use what thc you can get out of them for edibles or tinctures. I understand things like this happen few and far between. All these wild outcomes make us better growers in the long run, good luck!

3 Likes

I agree. It’s better to harvest now and like Jram_13 stated use these to make edibles.
It was really a bad storm.
Really sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

@Jram_13 @Find83 I got them all chopped down, it looked like one of them had the majority of tricomes that were cloudy but none amber color, so we will find out in a few weeks or so how it turned out. I have 4 auto plants that are drying now, these were the best photo plants I had ever grown, they were looking almost perfect the entire grow. But on the bright side, I have plenty more seeds to try again.

1 Like

Beautiful group, sorry about the cold…

I think generally speaking, when you freeze something that is alive, you can’t bring it back to life. Cell damage.

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Def give a smoke test, could be a little light on the couch lock but maybe a decent high: sorry i feel your pain! Mishaps do happen at least in my experience: a learning experience :yin_yang:

1 Like