Plant too big for tent?

I’m growing 2 Grandaddy purple and 2 C-99 in a 2x2 x 4ft tall grow tent. I’m wondering if my plant will be too big for this tent? Right now they are about 16 inches tall and about 16 inches away from the light. They’re growing in 1 gallon pots. I’m still in veg. I’ll be switching to flower in about 2 weeks. I know once I switch them over They’re going to stretch. They’ll be in those one gallon pots for another 2 months during flower stage. So should I use bigger pots to prevent root bound? Also should I use bigger tent to prevent them from growing too close to the light or should I just scrog?

1 Like

With a 4’ high tent, minus height loss due to equipment, you’ll want to keep them short. Which with 4 plants means a shorter veg time.

If I was you I would flip today. The rule of thumb for a SOG canopy is that it’s filled the space and the leaves are touching.

I would also double the size of the pot before doing so.

3 Likes

Hi @Garden420 I definitely would recommend a larger tent if you want to grow 4 plants at a time. Remember the larger the plant pot the larger the root ball which usually means a healthier plant that will produce a better yield in all ways. When I grew in dirt I always used the 7 gal containers for the final transplant in a 4x4x6 tent with 2 plants. If you are going to keep all 4 plants in this tent thru harvest I would keep them in the smaller pots so they tend to grow smaller. Also watch closely for heavy sweating and mold forming, keep the air moving since foliage is going to be thick with 4 plants in this size tent.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info will take in consideration

not a bad problem to have, all things considered

2 Likes

I think that the foliage In the growspace is too thick right now. I’m debating whether I should go ahead and get another tent or just get rid of 2 of the plants. If I get another tent I’m thinking that I’ll have to upsize upsize my fans from 4" to 6" and possibly another light.

1 Like

@Garden420 the tent you have in my opinion will never give you the plants you are wanting to grow. You will get something but not near what the plant is capable of. Definitely reducing to 2 plants would make for better growth. Are these auto plants?

do “horizontal” grow…if you let them dry out, they should wilt. When they wilt, start training the branch to grow sideways instead of vertical
I don’t have an indoor but here is an outdoor growing horizontally…she is over 3 feet in length but no higher that 3 to 4 inches tall

here is an early train to accomplish the same thing…I use staples but you can bend / tie off to a rock if you wish or a board alongside the plant to anchor to…little at a time to not SNAP the stem…doesn’t have to be done in 1 day…especially if you are afraid to let her go limp from drying out

2 Likes

No they’re not auto plants. I sure hate to get rid of 2 of my plants but I agree with you Not enough space. I might just go ahead and get a bigger tent

if they JUST STARTED flowering, LST / CHIROPRACTIC THEM
roll the branch between you fingers to soften it up. It will lean / fall over sideways
support if necessary with string / ties
if it breaks…tape, bandage, wrap, even glue the branch
week to 10 days it should heal and get a Knuckle…
look up Kyles Chiropractics on this site

OK I’ve already done that and I’ve checked out Kyle’s Chiropractic. They’re not in flowering yet. Im going to convert them over in about 2 weeks. Tomorrow I’m going to transplant into 2 to 3 gallon pots And switch to 3x3x72 tent.

1 Like

@Garden420 you could kinda main line them to work in your grow area

1 Like