Pistils at 3 weeks?

Good morning! My Bruce Banner auto just turned 3 weeks old…and look what I am seeing?!

This is only my second time growing an auto… should this be happening so soon??

1 Like

With an auto it is possible. I am fairly new to this. But I have found that the advertised time frame is just that a time frame. One plant took 12 weeks to finish another same strain same grow schedule finished in 9 weeks. I do not know much yet but remember part of auto genetics are for a short growth period, quick harvest. Some strains are more stable than others so growth, time, maturity are more consistent. HGC can tell you how many levels of growth they have taken a strain through. Even so there are genetic variations within a strain. Hope this helps

3 Likes

Yes Kris, I have pistils on 75% of my auto’s and they are 3.5 weeks old. Bruce LOOKS GREAT! New shipment going out today!
The development of pistils is not indicative to the length of time for the plant to mature…

3 Likes

Thank you Mike. That is interesting to learn. I thought the development of pistils meant it was beginning to go into the flowering stage? Both Bruce’s are growing beyond my expectations! They are similar in height and are adapting very well to the transplant from MG to their new soil (FF Ocean & Happy Frog). Looking forward to the mail :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi John! Last time I grew was in the 1980’s and I don’t even remember having ‘auto’s’ back then! LOL. It just seems like they are babies at 3 weeks old. Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

There were no auto’s back in the 80’s…and yes, pistils represents FLOWERING! Bruce (and other auto flower strains) start flowering week 3/4…only an average of 5-8 more weeks of flower and they are ready for harvest…A smaller harvest that photo period plants but you can grow many more and much quicker…and…VARIETY…the spice of life.

3 Likes

Wow…I didn’t remember the White Widow starting to flower that early, but it was my first grow and obviously I didn’t keep good enough records. Thanks for reminding me of the time frame for the auto’s, that does make it even more exciting! I love the concept of variety! My husband is already picturing some sort of ‘wine cellar’ with jars rather then bottles. However, with no cellar (basement) that could be interesting to see how he makes that work LOL

2 Likes

Have “Tinkerbell” make a cabinet…line it thermally (he can line it with cedar like a humidor), block out all light, and use canning jars and a label maker. I use 1qt jars and 1 bovida 62% humidi pak per jar

4 Likes

LMAO…I’m not sure if I should tell my Marine you called him “Tinkerbell”. He is like McGyver and if anyone could, he could make it happen. I do have the Bovida 62% in my qt. Jars now. Thankfully I’ve learned so much from you and this forum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

its a compliment…TinkerBell is a MASTER TINKERER…Us tinkerer’s have lineage from her

5 Likes