Photo or auto seed?

if a photo and auto cross pollinate will the seeds be photo or auto?

1 Like

Who is the mother?
And even if the mother is the auto…no way to tell what the seeds will produce…this is the issue with breeding. Selective growing / seeding / growing until the strain is defined

2 Likes

From what I’ve read, Auto x photo you’ll get both. Then you need to select the true autos and back cross them until the seeds are stabilized to all auto.

2 Likes

Thank you someone ask me that and I had no idea but I knew people on here would know so thanks again …PEACE I will consider this as answered.

1 Like

If you’ve ever seen “Fast Version” next to the seed your getting, consider it exactly what you stated., Photo/ruderalis cross…, the ruderalis is being used in photos to speed up growth process, yet imo it also affects THC%., it lowers everytime you cross a ruderalis with a photo even if it’s GHOST TRAIN HAZE…

2 Likes

“if a photo and auto cross pollinate will the seeds be photo or auto?”

But she’ll never get a date when she grows up.

either a phauto or aupho… :smile:
usually the female plant holds the dominant gene but much has to do with genetics. A recessive male can take over or you can actually get both, auto and photo seeds. No way to know until you plant and grow them. This is why breeding is NOT such an easy thing and can take YEARS.
In today’s times, maybe we can have a tranny plant

1 Like

I thought I was growing Autos until they just kept growing and growing. Then I realized I had Photos.
No complaints though. The biggest banners yet!

1 Like

Is this good for anything? Not talking about tea or edibles. I’m thinking about a topping.

These are my trimmings since the start of this grow. Most a completely dried, like old tobacco.

I’m about 20 days from harvest. Would a topping from this be a benefit?

Since I reuse my pre-mix (Mix-A-Soil sends a recharge for $30), I thought I’d mix it in with the worm castings.

Anyone?

1 Like

@SlingShot yeah it’s good to mix with compost but I wouldn’t feed it to the worms until it’s composted. Too much nitrogen rich material (fresh green leafy stuff like grass and leaves) will lower the pH in the worm bin and slow the worms down and attract mites and other possibly predatory insects. On top of that it can go exothermic and heat up the worm bin killing the worms.

So compost them first and then you can feed the compost to your worms. Once your compost cools and it isn’t heating up anymore you can feed it to the worms safely.

1 Like