Photo or auto? I think I was sent the wrong kind of seeds

Are there any cures for wind burn :fire: ?

Go with a 18o and 6 off for autos

I posted this a while back to a similar auto question. Itā€™s probably a bit off topic, but still about some autos I did. Sorry about the repost.

Your plants look great by the way. Awesome first growšŸ‘

I think seed packs sometimes get mixed. Breeder mistakes I mean, not the banks. I ordered a pack of KC Brains kc-45 autos on sale a few years ago from attitude. It was a 20 or 18 pack and not 1 auto. It grew like an old school haze and was not done until thanksgiving. The seeds were popped on jan1st. Indoor 430 watt MH (old sun Agro set up). These were the first autos I tried. Anyway, I had to move them outside because they stretched like crazy and would not autoflower. I even Dropped them to 8 hours light for several weeks at 3ft tall. It was before I moved them outside. No flowers WTFā€¦? I hacked them all year to my knees. Like every time I mowed my lawn. I shit you not I used my weed whacker and hacked away because I was over it. Damn auto flowers. and they still pushed 8-9 feet. I bet they would have broke 12-13 ft if I let them go. Way too tall to be discreet. They finally flowered that fall. They all turned into really nice looking purps. Sweet pineapple smell. But weak high.

It cloned really easy too ( auto trait right?). Specifically the weed whacker hack outs would root where they lay lying on the ground where they were flung. In both my grass and raised bed. They would just stand up like zombies after wilting in the full sun for a few days. No love. No water. WTF.

I only ran it a couple years because the yield was low despite being massive. Also, the buds were not too potent. Makes me wonder if they had some CBD too because I would always feel good. Just not high. I tamed the zombie growth the next year by root binding them in 1/3 gallon pots (so tiny). They still were the biggest ladies. They looked comical being so big in such tiny pots. I Had to stake thru the pot bottoms or they would fall over too top heavy. I ended up seeding her with a runty (dwarf so tiny) bubba kush I had. To simultaneously tame it down (KC-45)and beef it up (bubba runt). It was a failed branch of the cannabis family tree and never was great. So I let it go.

The point of this long winded story is sometimes the autos donā€™t auto. Whatever the reason.

I did some dj short lowryder next and they performed great. As in they auto flowered. The only other autos I did outdoor were called auto blueberry crumble; by blimburn seeds I believe I got from Herbies. It Auto flowered properly as well.

Sorry so long winded, I got high

3 Likes

@Noddykitty has it spot on. You have to understand genetics. The heritage of the gene pool can creep through at any time to any seed. It is like kidsā€¦some look like parents (mom or dad or a mixture of both), some look like grandparents (now you got a wider gene pool paternal / maternal) and some kids look like the mailmanā€¦
We never know when that one genetic trait decides it is going to become DOMINANT. When I had the space (and time) to breed, we prayed for a genetic link back to Landraceā€¦There really are almost NO TRUE LANDRACES any more