Ph question, late in flower

Blue dream fem, 7th week of flower. Im useing a areopinic system, with no grow medium. Ph has been dropping over night from 6.2 dwn to 5.2 or even lower, untill this week. It has not been dropping hardly at all!. Have changed nothing in feeding schedule… does this mean they have quit eating?? Trichs are 90%cloudy, with some clear still…no amber at all…
Thanks all, joe c

1 Like

Hi @Joe I am still learning hydro but in my setup I no longer chase the ph value, I tend to let the plant drive the ph. I give it a starting value of 6ph and after that I let it go. I check daily PH and sometimes I get readings as low as 4 and sometimes readings as high as 7 but they never stay there. The next day the ph reading will be heading back towards center but never stays at the 6ph I put in. I watch the plants and they are growing very well and I do see one or two leaves with issues but overall I see healthy plants.
So to answer your question about have they quit eating…not sure but I wouldn’t worry about it. Looks like you are about ready to harvest based on trich color

1 Like

@Joe all that means is that they were eating up the potassium and micros like mad and leaving behind some nitrogen and phosphorus.

Since they stopped eating all the potassium and pH leveled out you can start cutting back on the feed in late flower and start your flush soon to finish them out.

Happy growing man. :call_me_hand::metal::v:

1 Like

Thank you!..exactly what i did…let them have pure water for 3 days, and took them!..they are on the 5th day of dry, at 61f and 60rh…i will see them again tommorrow…

1 Like