pH keeps dropping rdwc

I am running a 2 plant (5 gallon buckets) rdwc system and when changing the nutes the pH drops overnight as well as the ppm. I’m using the Flora series nutes and it’s almost harvest time especially for the lady in the back.
Two days ago I changed the nutes @ 8 gallons:
Armor Si @ 4.8ml
Calimagic @ 16ml
Flora Micro @ 36ml
F. Bloom @ 72ml
Liquid koolbloom @ 24ml
Floralicious plus @ 4.8ml
Flora Nectar @ 48ml
Hydroguard @ 16 ml
This is 60% of what this chart says and I’ve started out at 20% and worked my way up thru

After letting everything circulate I got a reading of 750ppm and 5.96pH. The next morning it’s 580ppm and 5.62pH
These are OG Kush autos btw. They really had little issues in veg but now it’s chasing pH around. I really think il try some of the other pH balanced nutes next time but right now I’m here. I also have a brute trash can gravity feeding my resevoir and it’s filled w distilled water and Cali-Magic and hydroguard. There is a chiller hooked up too and I keep temps at 67°F. My humidity stays @ 50 or below.
I know my rootballs are very large and having such little water now is making this difficult as well. I will be making a larger system for my second run with rdwc.
I thought these autos would have been a hell of alot smaller but 2 are filling my 4×4 tent. I also thought they would be done by now as I will be gone for 5 days in 2 weeks. I was hoping to be using Ripen this weekend.
I could really use some kind of guidance from any pros out here. I’m lost about what to do here. So thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

1 Like

Hi @Wagsweed78 I am on my 5th DWC with top water feed photo grow and this is what I see. I have individual reservoirs for each plant not a communal reservoir so each of my plants are entirely separate from others. The reservoir tank is a 12 gal capacity with 4 gal of nutrients. Before the roots hit the water I see ph go down daily for the first 3 days, I am adding ph up and then it stabilizes… Once the roots hit the water in the reservoir what seems to happen is the first few days after a reservoir change the ph goes down but then it comes back up on its own. The further into the lifecycle (more roots in the reservoir water) the less it seems to drop after the reservoir change and the faster it comes back into the correct ph range. By the 6 or 7 week of growth I no longer have to adjust ph after the reservoir change out, I just let it do what it wants which seems to be drop down sometimes to 4.8 ph and then right back up to proper range with me doing nothing. I change out the reservoir every 7 days with a fresh nutrient solution. I use Gen Hydro nutrients too. I do get leaf issues at times but my plants still produce well. Hope this helps you with your situation. This subject has come up several times since I joined but it seems most forum folks are dirt auto farmers so few people have shared their experience on DWC grows and PH.

1 Like