Ph down and using vinegar

Can I use vinegar to ph down my water. I been doing it for a month so far and I do not see any problems with my plants

1 Like

@Headbanginghippie welcome to the forum. Yes vinegar can be used safely as ph down but make sure you keep the ph in healthy ranges so you don’t kill the soil microbes.

I personally prefer using apple cider vinegar over white distilled for the micro nutrient boost but they will both work.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. My wife has some apple cider vinegar in the cabinet. I’m always lookin’ for those “tricks of the trade” and low cost. :wink:

1 Like

I used it as well and someone at the grow store brought this to my attention. Gnats are attracted to vinegar. My thought is if u already have gnats then does it really matter

@Headbanginghippie Thanks for the topic. I assume the vinegar worked. I never had a problem with Ph before, but I do now.

@Headbanginghippie even if you don’t have gnats cycling wet to dry with watering will prevent them.

I use citric acid. With my tap water it takes 1/8 of a teaspoon to bring it down.

1 Like