Opinion on drooping leaves

4 week old Hindu Kush leaves just seem to be drooping all times. Temp is 24c 65 rh watering wet to dry the ph in the soil is low 5.1 have stuff on the way to bring it up but it’s been like this from the beginning. Green crack beside it is doing great. More water? Less? Ph affecting it. Leaves look good other than drooping fans image

3 Likes

Green crack beside it image

1 Like

@Tingler1 65 rh is a bit high for Hindu Kush. It comes from a low humidity mountain range. 55-60% rh is the max I would do with Hindu kush and that should work fine for the green crack as well.

The pH is an issue as well. It isn’t getting enough phosphorus, potassium, calcium, or magnesium because of the low ph. High nitrogen and low phosphorus and potassium will cause dark green drooping leaves because of weak stems and poor water circulation inside of the plant. I’d bring ph back to 6.5 as soon as you can.

What substrate are you using and what’s your feeding schedule?

1 Like

Fox farm organic soil all nutes are home grown organic I’ve got soft water from a well I’ve got filters for water and domlite or whatever it is to bring back the ph in soil all that is on the way hopefully can bring it back. Watering every 3-4 days like now seems dry two inches deep which would be the 3rd day

1 Like

@Tingler1 did you already start feeding with the stage 2 grow nutes or are you using the seedling booster?

What fox farm soil are you using? If it’s ocean forest you shouldn’t be using any nutes yet because that soil is already packed with nutrients and adding nutes before about 2/3 months can cause pH issues and nutrient toxicities. If using ocean forest I would flush because as soon as you bring pH back it’s going to have a surplus of nutrients causing toxicities if you’ve already been feeding nutes. So flush for a few days with ro/distilled or dechlorinated water and then start feeding on the normal schedule.

If it’s happy frog you should be alright without flushing if you can get pH in range with the lime.

1 Like

Yeah I’m just started the stage two nutrients and it’s happy frog and that’s what will be here tomorrow domlite lime I think the name is… the well water is harsh but I have inline filters on the way also that’s supposed to strip the water clean so I can start fresh with adding the nutes. Hopefully can correct it without hurting it being so early… first legitimate seeds only messed with bags seed before wish I had my ducks in a row before starting but thought I’d be ok

@Tingler1 well water is fine even unfiltered as long as it’s dechlorinated and you can also aerate it first to kill anaerobic bacteria and help build up aerobic bacteria that are good for plants.

Once you aerate it for 24-48 hours check pH and tds because aeration and temperature as well as bacteria levels will change pH.

Then add in your nutes to the proper feeding levels and pH the feeding to around 6.5.

I use molasses as pH down in my feedings and liquid kelp as pH up.

I will definitely check that out aerate the water thanks!

Greenway Biotech Dolomite Lime Plus Magnesium and Calcium is what I’m going to use to get the soil ph back. Any experience with it?

@Tingler1 not that exact brand no but it should have directions for top dressing/amending based on container size or amount of soil.

1 Like

Use this chart and just multiply the ft2 estimate of your pot size by the amending weight of the dolomite.

So if you use the 2lb per 100 f2 ratio and you have a 3 gallon pot it would be (2÷100)x.5438. So .010876 lbs per pot or roughly 5 grams rounded up of the dolomite per 3 gallon pot as an amendment.

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it

Got the soil straight right away she made a turn around, do you know about earth juice ph adjusters @MDBuds

1 Like

@Tingler1 yeah earth juice is one of my favorite brands. Unfortunately i can’t use them for organic growing in Ca because they aren’t cdfa or omri listed even though I know they are all natural and organic. They just got tired of playing that political game to be labeled organic.

Dang that suck well I got some of the ph adjuster and I can’t find the chart for how much to add to the water do you happen to know off hand or know where the chart is so I don’t have to check ph a billion times before I feed them tonight @MDBuds

@Tingler1 The pH down they have is citric acid crystals and the pH up is potassium salt crystals if you’re using the pH crystals.

They don’t have a chart because everyone will need to pH differently depending on their water or feed pH.

To be safe about it I’d test using about 1/4 tsp per gallon at a time until you get your desired pH range and then just use that amount in the future.

So let’s say you have a gallon of liquid feed and the pH is 7.5 and you want to bring it to between 6 and 6.5 and 1/4 teaspoon brings it down to 7 so you add another and get 6.5. In the future you will know that if your feed is 7.5 pH 1/2 tsp will bring it to 6.5.

Same goes for the pH up. I hope this is helpful for you.

1 Like

Very helpful just needed that idea of where to start a quarter of a teaspoon. Didn’t know where to start cause like general hydroponics a few drops can take it a long ways. Thanks again

1 Like

@Tingler1 1/4 tsp is just a few drops. In metric volume that’s 1.2 ml.

U can bring the.pH.up by adding tsp.powderd.lime.to.gallon.water and water them.with.it.u need.bring.pH.up.to.5.9-6.0.autos.6.5-7.2.photos.